Madoka Magica is incredibly dark

TopWargamer

It was a misshapen slice of Clannad imo. (It was cut short and resulted in being awkwardly paced)

^

Feels that come out of nowhere.

1338166387464.gif

my graduation was heartbreaking as well

post-74148-0-87400000-1397629338.jpg

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Clannad and Angel beats were average at best IMO

had to reach for my visine in angel beats

the best tragedies aren't done by design 

i'd like to request double sided tape instead of nails for my crucifixion please

Error: 410

Clannad were average at best IMO.

uwotm8

Clannad is one of, if not the best feelsy anime ever.

COMIC SANS

uwotm8

Clannad is one of, if not the best feelsy anime ever.

so bland I can vaguely remember like 3 or 4 characters, excluding their names. 

Error: 410

so bland I can vaguely remember like 3 or 4 characters, excluding their names. 

You just described 90% of the anime I have ever watched. Along with many of the ones I consider both my favorites and the best anime (not the same thing).

But that's probably just exclusive to me. I have issues with names. Always have. 

I personally really enjoyed Angel Beats. Awkward pacing aside (which I noticed as I watched it), I believe wholeheartedly that the best "feels" anime are 1-24 episodes long and have to be fairly quick in pace. Sometimes that makes it a bit awkward depending on the story, (Angel Beats is an example of that), but things simply can't drag on or I stop caring enough to watch the show. 

Also, M. Night Shyamalan level twists are usually good for feels (again, Angel Beats). 

Overall, it was an average anime, but there were certain things that carried it imo. TK, the twists, and the animation (it was unique, not "well drawn", but unique in a good way) were what did it for me. The rest was meh.

I would bother to go on a feels trip and marathon Clannad, Madoka Magica, and the like, but I'm trying to keep up with all the interesting anime this season (there's a lot), and I'm trying to catch up on Doctor Who (Series 3, Episode 1 currently... There are 8 series currently with a 9th about to start, oh and Series = Britain's Season).

... It's going to be a while is what I'm saying.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

• 2 weeks later...

All anyone needed to know to find out what kind of series Madoka was going to be was that Urobuchi Gen (aka the Urobutcher) was the scenario writer.  His other works include Fate/ZERO, Psycho-Pass, and Saya no Uta. 

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL