Adding another wifi card to LAPTOP

Tom David

hello everyone im new here in the forum i have a question.

ive seen the laptop Gigabyte Aero 15 , and found a video that shows its motherboard that has the following connections

1. is WIFI card that comes with the laptop .

2. an NVMe SSD.

3. another option that is M.2 .

image.png.21cd064ac3bb918d34ed67eccc59921d.png

and my question is , is it possible to add another wifi card .

i dont mind it to be with an adapter like ive seen here

image.png.70ff74389a2bcbf78822e0aa441913b2.png

will it work ? to use 2 wifi card in the laptop?

were working on a thing in our company that we need a small laptop with 2 wifi cards that supports most of the wifi standards.

thank you every one

you could add a WiFi card like that. After all the NVME slot is just a PCI-E x4 interface, but then you likely wouldn't have a decent antenna in there for the second card. You can see the Antenna cables coming of the Wi-Fi card in your picture and it likely goes up into the screen assembly for a better signal.

7 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

you could add a WiFi card like that. After all the NVME slot is just a PCI-E x4 interface, but then you likely wouldn't have a decent antenna in there for the second card. You can see the Antenna cables coming of the Wi-Fi card in your picture and it likely goes up into the screen assembly for a better signal.

were taking our own antenna , thats not my issue, but is this 100% sure i can connect it? with the adapter?

7 minutes ago, Tom David said:

were taking our own antenna , thats not my issue, but is this 100% sure i can connect it? with the adapter?

How do you plan to attach the antennas? Do you want to route the cables through the chassis of the laptop? 

Why don't you just use a USB WiFi Dongle? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

16 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

How do you plan to attach the antennas? Do you want to route the cables through the chassis of the laptop? 

Why don't you just use a USB WiFi Dongle? 

were a engineering company we dont worry about it, we just need to know it is possible to do so