I don't know what this cable is.

Sir Dude

I'm building a PC for a friend, and we're repurposing a case from an old gaming PC he got from a friend's uncle. The case is the Viper Eagle Tech https://www.newegg.com/red-eagle-tech-viper-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811117084

I disassembled it because it's nasty af and there was a mess of cables that I had no idea what they were. I've figured them out, but there's an LCD panel at the front that's like a readout for your PC's stats. I'm pretty sure it'll show things like fan speeds and your CPU's temps and whatnot. The thing is there's a cord coming off of it that's just labeled "CPU" and it has plastic covered cables at the end. I'm pretty sure it's a temperature sensor, I just have no idea how to mount it or if it even is that. I'm also aware that CPU's have built in sensors nowadays, I just would like to get this case operating as intended. If anybody has any ideas or even just the user manual for the case, that'd be much appreciated!

1 minute ago, Sir Dude said:

wowee that's... something

1 minute ago, Sir Dude said:

The thing is there's a cord coming off of it that's just labeled "CPU" and it has plastic covered cables at the end

Like this?
image.png.0c1159395358a929d1cbede9ca498738.png

That is a thermal sensor

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

wowee that's... something

Like this?
image.png.0c1159395358a929d1cbede9ca498738.png

That is a thermal sensor

I understand this PC will have *terrible* thermals, but the power we wield here can cripple nations.

Anyway, kind of? It's hard to see the finer details on that picture. The end of the cable is almost an inch long and it has 2 silver wires that the come together at the end and touch a small square dot.

17 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

I understand this PC will have *terrible* thermals, but the power we wield here can cripple nations.

Anyway, kind of? It's hard to see the finer details on that picture. The end of the cable is almost an inch long and it has 2 silver wires that the come together at the end and touch a small square dot.

Well not all thermal sensors look the same but what you could do to test is turn the PC on and put it next to something hot

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad