Help removing standoff from Motherboard

Kanna

So idk how to remove this standoff in short. The motherboard is a gigabyte aorus x570 elite

16419151445838895354816503247336.jpg

Reminder鈿狅笍

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am聽always glad to help

im guessing you mean the 110 mm one for the NVME slot. It does have a cross cut into it for a philips head screwdriver so if its tough to turn with your thumbs, i'd try that ?

5 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

im guessing you mean the 110 mm one for the NVME slot. It does have a cross cut into it for a philips head screwdriver so if its tough to turn with your thumbs, i'd try that ?

Its just the screw for the SSD. Still stuck

Reminder鈿狅笍

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am聽always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Valentin17 said:

Grab s set od pliers, grab the standoff and turn counter counter clockwise. Be very gentle, give your self time to do this. 馃槃

Not sure what that is

Reminder鈿狅笍

22 minutes ago, Valentin17 said:

Or you could use a phillips screw driver, unscrew the screw and then unscrew the standoff.

images.jpg

I managed to get it loose with a flathead. Was just very tightened

Reminder鈿狅笍

11 minutes ago, Valentin17 said:

This type od M5 wrentch is used to unscrew this kind of screws (standoffs).

Pro-sKit-9400-M5-Electronic-Hex-Nut-Drivers-5-0-Size-Precision-Screwdriver-Hand-Tools.jpg

Good to know

Reminder鈿狅笍

• 1 year later...

Had the same issue with my new Gigabyte B550 motherboard and trying to loosen the NVMe M.2 drive hold down standoffs.聽 A flathead screwdriver or Phillips did not work because the indentations at the top of the post are way too shallow to get a good grip.聽 Used a small, adjustable set of pliers with vise teeth to grip the post vertically from the top even though the posts have vertical grooves and the pliers teeth are then at a right angle to them.聽 King Kong grip on the plier handles, and rotated the standard counter-clockwise and the posts rotated out of the board holes.聽 Whew, I was afraid they were soldered in place, but King Kong must work on the Gigabyte assembly line.聽 Doable, just be careful when you do it.聽