high cpu temps help please

hello recently i have been experiencing high cpu temps. my specs are, i7 4770k, asus sabertooth z87 MB and corsair h100i gtx cooler 240mm. I've never experienced super high temps in idle around 60c in idle and in bios 55c. i do feel the aio pumps humming I'm just not sure. maybe i should try new thermal paste i haven't reapplied new thermal paste in like 2 years could it just be a case of replying thermal paste?  

What are your temperatures under load?

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

9 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Where do you have the radiator mounted? Is the highest point of the radiator above the pump?

the radiator is mounted at the highest point of the case its the only place i can put it until my new case comes in. @Tech87

19 minutes ago, mayham776 said:

the radiator is mounted at the highest point of the case its the only place i can put it until my new case comes in. @Tech87

I would definitely suggest a repaste than.

How old is the AIO?

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

DId this issue pop up over night or did the temps rise over an extended period? if it happend over night, i dont think it is a paste- issue.

They dont decide over night not to work properly. it sure would help to redo the paste, check for mounting pressure, maybe do a bios-update if possible.
Maybe there is a program in the background using all of the cpu aswell but 86 with an aio is still high.
Are the fans running? If the pump is running as you say, fans can be an issue aswell.

CPU: AMD R7 5800X3D GPU: Powercolor 6950XT Liquid Devil Board: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi Ram: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4-3200 CL16 PSU: Seasonic Prime PX-1000 Case: BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 Cooling: Aquacomputer OCTO-Fancontroller, Custom loop with a 420 45mm Alphacool Radiator in the case, one external. D5 Pump, 9x BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed PWM

1 hour ago, mayham776 said:

around 76c ish an sometimes it spikes to 86c when playing gta5 @Roswell

Are you overclocked? If you have an overclock, those are perfectly normal temperatures.

If not it could be any number of things. First thing to do would to just remount it with new paste. If that doesn't solve the issue, the pump may be faulty.

@mayham776

I would just delid the CPU if repasting dosen't help. Could be the thermal paste under the IHS that's dry.

Be careful not to damage the VRM on the 4770k:

image.png.488eb9ac9be7696d4de977457ffbef56.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

@mayham776

I would just delid the CPU if repasting dosen't help. Could be the thermal paste under the IHS that's dry.

Be careful not to damage the VRM on the 4770k:

image.png.488eb9ac9be7696d4de977457ffbef56.png

Paste on the die doesn’t dry out, it’s a sealed environment.

Just now, Roswell said:

TIM doesn’t dry out, it’s a sealed environment.

Even if that was true, it's worth the ~20c drop with haswell. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

17 minutes ago, alphatessi said:

DId this issue pop up over night or did the temps rise over an extended period? if it happend over night, i dont think it is a paste- issue.

They dont decide over night not to work properly. it sure would help to redo the paste, check for mounting pressure, maybe do a bios-update if possible.
Maybe there is a program in the background using all of the cpu aswell but 86 with an aio is still high.
Are the fans running? If the pump is running as you say, fans can be an issue aswell.

yes the issue did come up over night just out of no where, and yes the fans are running. also i will search up what mount pressure means and test it. @alphatessi 

16 minutes ago, Roswell said:

Are you overclocked? If you have an overclock, those are perfectly normal temperatures.

If not it could be any number of things. First thing to do would to just remount it with new paste. If that doesn't solve the issue, the pump may be faulty.

no i am not overclocked @Roswell