Best CPU for both Gaming and Renderings

I need some help here as im building a PC for my friend who desperately needs it. He wants a computer that capable for both gaming and renderings. He wants to go Intel but wouldn't mind going AMD either. Any thought on what kind of CPU he should get?

You really should include a budget as well, and exactly what software they're using for rendering. AMD and Intel are both pretty good options, with Intel being mostly ahead in gaming, and them trading blows in production depending on the specific application and render, and chip. 

The best overall is probably the 12900k, with the 12700k very close behind while being easier to cool and a lot cheaper. The 12700k is pretty hard to beat value-wise, given the right motherboard and RAM combination. That said, depending on their workload, something from AMD might be better. 

He has a budget of around $6k programs hell be using is Photoshop, Cinimea4D, After Effects, Octane and Premiere Pro. With him wanting to use Octane I do know he will need AMD 

Just now, Jamison256 said:

He has a budget of around $6k programs hell be using is Photoshop, Cinimea4D, After Effects, Octane and Premiere Pro. With him wanting to use Octane I do know he will need AMD 

I thought Octane was a GPU benchmark, or am I thinking of something else? 

Anyway with a budget that high, it might honestly be a good idea to go Threadripper. It's not as good at gaming as AMD's consumer CPUs or 12th gen Intel, but it has a ton of cores and absolutely crushes everything you listed. Gaming performance is still very respectable, and it's basically the go-to renderer by day, gamer by night setup.