Best budget 120mm Fan?

Go to solution Solved by ahriik,

Yeah, that 120mm Noctua Redux is probably going to be your best bet. And going with the PWM version is a good idea too for maximum flexibility. Looks pretty good in most cases.

I also really like the chassis fans from BeQuiet. The Shadow Wings 2 is probably the one I'd recommend for you, since its under $20, has no RGB, and is all black. They also have the Silent Wings 3, which is their highest tier of fan, but its a few dollars more and for a lot of people probably isn't better enough than the Shadow Wings to be worth it. Their cheapest tier is the Pure Wings, which are a bit louder (and maybe won't last as long?), but honestly are still decent.

In my current build I have a 120mm redux for exhaust and two 140mm Silent Wings for intake and I'm really happy with both. Whichever you choose just make sure to take the time to tweak the fan curves, because even a Noctua running at 100% too often can be annoying.

Greetings Community

• I have a bad Lian Li 120mm fan that came with my Lian Li Lancool II.
  • I am looking to replace it with the most cost effective option possible.
  • I have considered going with something from Noctua but I was unsure if it is the best bang for my buck at the moment.

I would like something with good airflow, NO RGB (due too the possible interference with the case RGB strips), decently low volume, and definitely under $20. An all black or grey fan is preferred. If something can be found around $10 that would be great. I also would like something with good longevity.

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

Yeah, that 120mm Noctua Redux is probably going to be your best bet. And going with the PWM version is a good idea too for maximum flexibility. Looks pretty good in most cases.

I also really like the chassis fans from BeQuiet. The Shadow Wings 2 is probably the one I'd recommend for you, since its under $20, has no RGB, and is all black. They also have the Silent Wings 3, which is their highest tier of fan, but its a few dollars more and for a lot of people probably isn't better enough than the Shadow Wings to be worth it. Their cheapest tier is the Pure Wings, which are a bit louder (and maybe won't last as long?), but honestly are still decent.

In my current build I have a 120mm redux for exhaust and two 140mm Silent Wings for intake and I'm really happy with both. Whichever you choose just make sure to take the time to tweak the fan curves, because even a Noctua running at 100% too often can be annoying.