Undeletable system file

Panc

Hi everyone!

I recently left a company and had my OneDrive syncing data to it as I had a 365 acct. I have since switched it back to my personal OneDrive however the old folder is still visible in file explorer and I don't know how to get rid of it. Someone please help.

image.thumb.png.dd84867060e0203dd6fd7b35d834a8ca.png

9 minutes ago, Estiar said:

Will running explorer as administrator work?

nope. I already tried navigating to the location of the folder and deleting it. Didn't do anything.

onedrive perms are a shitshow.. i've had to use system account to nuke broken / old onedrive folders before..

the most "user friendly" way i know of to nuke those folders is to just boot into some form of linux live desktop, and delete it from there.

even sticking the hard drive into another windows box may not be enough, the way rights are set up in onedrive folders is fucking weird.. and linux just ignores that on NTFS filesystems 😄

Don't know if it would work but have you considered deleting the partition that contains the folder/file?

1 hour ago, kb5zue said:

Don't know if it would work but have you considered deleting the partition that contains the folder/file?

That doesn't work, this is a cloud folder. It's somewhere in Microsoft's servers.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅