mixing ram

Good afternoon i have a question

I have some old memory
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1236895/hyperx-predator-rgb-hx432c16pb3ak2-16.html

And its not available anymore thus i need to buy newer ram. and have to decide whether to mix or to buy fully new.
Would it be fine to mix the one above with for example this?
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1728578/kingston-fury-beast-rgb-kf432c16bbak2-16.html

i will be using it on my ryzen 3800XT system. and i have heard that in general amd cpus arent too fond of mixed memory. 

would be happy to recieve some input on this. As my knowledge on this topic isnt the best.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

Yes it should work, altho i would make sure you use the right slots.

So dual channel works properly. (should be as simple as filling the empty spots).

They are the same speed, latency and voltage.

You should be able to run both sets at 3200Mhz and a CL of 16 at 1,35V

But sometimes you can get unlucky and they just wont work together, you wont know until you try.
(Also 4 sticks of RAM is harder on the memory controller on the CPU then 2 sticks. But a 3800XT should be good enough i'd think).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

On my system with an intel CPU, I have two different sets of RAM from two manufacturers. If you match their speeds and timings it should be fine, even on AMD

2 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

On my system with an intel CPU, I have two different sets of RAM from two manufacturers. If you match their speeds and timings it should be fine, even on AMD

Yeah on AMD works the same, i have mixxed sets and works fine.
(And yes they surely are a mixxed set altho i bought the identical exact same ram, but thats another discussion)

3 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Yes it should work, altho i would make sure you use the right slots.

So dual channel works properly. (should be as simple as filling the empty spots).

They are the same speed, latency and voltage.

You should be able to run both sets at 3200Mhz and a CL of 16 at 1,35V

But sometimes you can get unlucky and they just wont work together, you wont know until you try.
(Also 4 sticks of RAM is harder on the memory controller on the CPU then 2 sticks. But a 3800XT should be good enough i'd think).

i already have 2 slots populated with the as mentioned before ram sticks. So if i would buy the other ones they would populate the remaining 2 slots. 

my biggest fear is that they will lead into issues due to as far as ive seen many comments on ryzen and 4 slot mixed ram. 

But according to you i should be fine and just run them together with a-xmp? Im running it on a b450 gaming pro carbon ac. 
or do you think i should contact kingston about it and ask what they think?

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

6 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

i already have 2 slots populated with the as mentioned before ram sticks. So if i would buy the other ones they would populate the remaining 2 slots. 

my biggest fear is that they will lead into issues due to as far as ive seen many comments on ryzen and 4 slot mixed ram. 

But according to you i should be fine and just run them together with a-xmp? Im running it on a b450 gaming pro carbon ac. 
or do you think i should contact kingston about it and ask what they think?

It indeed should work.

But my words are not gospel. 😄
I will take no responsibility for this. 😆

If you're really lucky you will be able to run them with XMP.

If you have neutral luck they will only work at default speeds.

And if you are unlucky they won't work at all.

Press Your Luck. 🙃

On 1/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, HanZie82 said:

It indeed should work.

But my words are not gospel. 😄
I will take no responsibility for this. 😆

On 1/5/2022 at 1:52 AM, dilpickle said:

If you're really lucky you will be able to run them with XMP.

If you have neutral luck they will only work at default speeds.

And if you are unlucky they won't work at all.

Press Your Luck. 🙃

so i have spoken or rather questioned someone at kingston about it. they reckon i should be able to pair it with this model: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1729642/kingston-fury-renegade-rgb-kf432c16rbak2-16.html 

due  to it being the so to say replacement of my current pair of ram sticks. And according to them is an identical module. 
And the reason my current pair was discontinued is apparently due to the hyperx brand being bought by HP. and thus they needed to replace it. hence the reason why its now called kingston fury and no longer hyper x.
"The KF432C16RBAK2/16 is the module which follows the discontinuation of the HX432C16PB3AK2/16 since the purchase of the HyperX brand name by HP "

so can i trust them and go ahead and mix it or is it still just a matter of being lucky or not? 

PC: 

7 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

so i have spoken or rather questioned someone at kingston about it. they reckon i should be able to pair it with this model: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1729642/kingston-fury-renegade-rgb-kf432c16rbak2-16.html 

due  to it being the so to say replacement of my current pair of ram sticks. And according to them is an identical module. 
And the reason my current pair was discontinued is apparently due to the hyperx brand being bought by HP. and thus they needed to replace it. hence the reason why its now called kingston fury and no longer hyper x.
"The KF432C16RBAK2/16 is the module which follows the discontinuation of the HX432C16PB3AK2/16 since the purchase of the HyperX brand name by HP "

so can i trust them and go ahead and mix it or is it still just a matter of being lucky or not? 

There is no way to know. Even a matched set of 4 sticks can often not work right.