Microsoft Store won't start

I was using my computer today when it crashed suddenly and went through a strange reboot cycle before saying that windows didn't load and needed to be recovered. The recovery seemed to work and I am writing this post from my computer, but the microsoft store refuses to start. Same with any microsoft store apps. I've tried everything I can find to fix it, from checking the registry, updating windows, resetting the store (wsreset.exe), but nothing seems to work.

What else can I try?

However, it has been 4 years since I installed windows 10 so I am due for a reset anyway. If I can't fix this problem I'm fine with starting over.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

Open the search bar and type in: cmd

and run it as an Administrator.

type into the command prompt: wsreset.exe

(this resets the Windows Store Cache) 

and hit enter.

I had the same crashing computer issue, the Microsoft Store wouldn't open for me either, and this worked for me. 

Hope this helps!

PS noticed you talked about resetting the store wasn't sure if you were mentioning this.

All methods: https://appuals.com/windows-10-store-wont-open/

Edited by EDKTech

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

Already tried that but I got an error the first time. I ran it again and it gave me this instead of an error: 

image.png.2a277127d1fd2ec2d4e90e6a793e264d.png

I'll restart my computer now and see if that fixed the issue.

Edit: Didn't work.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Same issue 😕

I tried running this powershell command 

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

And got this error:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

Considering I've had this system for four years it may be time for a fresh windows install anyway. 🙂

PC Specs:

Freenas specs:

What you should do is make a list of all the apps and programs on your computer, open

Settings > Activation and Recovery > Reset this PC

And reset.

This will reinstall Windows and keep your data, though your programs will be lost (reason for list).

Windows creates a list of it's own, but never includes everything.

P.S. I'm sorry if I didn't help you...

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up doing a fresh reinstall from scratch since it had been four years and I use a file server for my files anyway.

PC Specs:

Freenas specs: