What bracket do I need to mount this psu?

Chocolate_Moose
Go to solution Solved by OhioYJ,

That bracket is unique to that case. You'll likely have to make your own at this point, as I doubt Antec has any laying around.

Some cases still use mounting brackets for the PSU. However they come with the cases, they aren't something that you just order.

I'm building a new rig and I had to stop because I didn't have a mounting bracket. Does anyone know what I need to mount this psu? Since I have a 3d printer, It would be preferred if I can just print it out.

Psu: Silver Stone Strider 650W SST-ST65F-PT

Case: Antec SX1040BII Performance Series (I know, its old-this link has better pictures than the ones I took)

Thanks in advance,

Chocolate

File_001 (1).jpeg

File_000 (1).jpeg

That bracket is unique to that case. You'll likely have to make your own at this point, as I doubt Antec has any laying around.

Some cases still use mounting brackets for the PSU. However they come with the cases, they aren't something that you just order.

1 minute ago, OhioYJ said:

Ok, Ill have to model one then. Thanks!

Looks like they originally used some type of bracket/adapter for this PSU, so you'd need that (or equivalent) to mount the PSU.

Keep in mind the PSU casing is designed to make contact with the case, so the entire case is grounded (via the PSU). If you're 3D printing something from plastic, it won't conduct electricity like a metal bracket would.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Chocolate_Moose said:

Ok, Ill have to model one then. Thanks!

As minibois pointed out, if you 3D print one, running a ground wire between the case and the PSU would be a good idea. Just a short one between the two screws would be fine.

I'd likely just cut some flat metal and drill some holes. That seems easier to me, just me though.

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Looks like they originally used some type of bracket/adapter for this PSU, so you'd need that (or equivalent) to mount the PSU.

Keep in mind the PSU casing is designed to make contact with the case, so the entire case is grounded (via the PSU). If you're 3D printing something from plastic, it won't conduct electricity like a metal bracket would.

2 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

As minibois pointed out, if you 3D print one, running a ground wire between the case and the PSU would be a good idea. Just a short one between the two screws would be fine.

I'd likely just cut some flat metal and drill some holes. That seems easier to me, just me though.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have another old case that has a bracket I might be able to use. Though, I'll have to drill the rivets and cut the frame.

Yep.   This is typicaly Chenming.  You have a plate that mounts to the PSU and then the plate mounts to the case.

Fortunately, they often pop up on eBay because it's very common for people to pull the PSU out of the case with the bracket, thinking the bracket is part of the PSU and not the case:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175035532339