Require help from programmers

I will try to keep the post as short as I can, but it is a bit too complicated to explain in only a few paragraphs.

Everyone here knows how anti-content creator and anti-consumer Youtube is. The removal of the dislikes button, adpocalypses, unilateral DMCA policies, bot controlled demonetization, the lies about its automatization, etc. are just major problems that plague Youtube and ruin the livelihoods of nearly every single content creator on the site as per Russian roulette rules.

The problem here isn't that Youtube has taken part in these malpractices, the problem is that it gets away with it every time! And of course it will get away with it, there is no other viable platform to compete with it. As much as Story Fire, Vimeo, Dailymotion or other alternatives exist, and some content creators try to utilize those platforms, they all inevitably end up with the same issue that killed Vid.me: 'the chicken or the egg' conundrum - a content creator will not find it justifiable to spend time and resources managing an account on websites other than Youtube if the audience isn't there to return the investment, whereas the audience has no reason to support other websites if the vast majority of the content creators they watch still refuse to put their videos on other websites.

And without anyone to compete against Youtube, Google will just let Susan take as many dumps as she wants on their consumers! After all, they will face no consequence for doing so, so why should they stop?

Here is the part I need help from programmers with:

I have planned for a program that would allow content creators to upload and manage videos on multiple websites while removing as many hurdles as it possibly can!

For example, you start the program for the first time and input your e-mail address (or addresses) that will link to your various accounts across multiple platforms. From there on out, whenever you upload a video through the program, all you have to do is select the file, thumbnail, insert the title, tags and description, then proceed to check out which platforms you want to upload the video to and let the program handle the uploading. Either simultaneously or in queue, according to the user's preferences.

Of course, there would be some quirks to adjust, namely Youtube's check for content ID or any other website's policies, but that could be managed within the program itself as well. Just make each upload its own tab within the program and you can easily monitor all the uploads simultaneously. We could also learn from Vivaldi and make the tabs tile within the program window, so you can see everything at once. 😄

So, would this theoretical tool solve all of Youtube's problems? Most likely not. The problems would still exist within Youtube. What this would do, however, is allow the content creator to have a readily available backup plan in case Youtube decides to screw them over in particular, as was the case with Totally Not Mark, earlier this month. 150 videos disappeared overnight from Youtube? Well, they are all on Dailymotion, Vimeo, Story Fire, Bitchute and even your mom's kitchen, so go support him in those other platforms! This program would initially work out as a safety net for content creators.

Initially!

In time, the other platforms would catch on to the fact they are being flooded with content that would previously be exclusive to Youtube, and finally start to take some shots at it. Suddenly making sure they have 4K60fps video players becomes a necessity, they would be encouraged to start making better deals with advertisers to ensure content creators will prefer to upload to their platform before any other, taking less cuts from creators and providing quality of life improvements to keep their audiences around, and even the development of new extensions to allow the audience to receive notifications from the content creator in all platforms they're in would start to come up!

Did Youtube erase your videos? Well, though luck for Youtube, your audience is now your channel on every other platform, and Google is the only company under the sun not earning ad revenue! Whether they sink or swim is up to them, whatever company takes this opportunity to grow will become the new big dog, while tohers that remain complacent will feel the cold and harsh reality of the free market!

There is only one small problem... I can't code for the life of me!

You ask me what programming languages I know, and the response will be a "uh... I don't know, English?"

This is where I need your help. Is anyone here willing to take this bet with me? I am an artist with access to Clipstudio Paint and an XP-Pen tablet. I can't code at all, but I can draw UI elements, at least.

I don't plan on making this tool for profit (even though I could use some stable income right now), I just want to shove something up Youtube's ass for their corporate behavior ruining everyone's livelihoods!

Is anyone here interested in making this happen? Please, let me know.

This isn't new or unique. There's already many different programs and applications that can simultaneously upload videos to multiple destinations. That is not the issue. The issue is community. The time suck is in managing the platform: moderating comments, monitoring user sentiment, engaging with users of the platform, etc. No program can automate that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

On 12/30/2021 at 7:02 PM, Chris Pratt said:

The issue is community. The time suck is in managing the platform: moderating comments, monitoring user sentiment, engaging with users of the platform, etc. No program can automate that.

We don't have to automate that process, just streamline it so we can remove as many hurdles as possible.

Let's say we make a "Management" tab in the program. The tab has notifications and analytics from all platforms, but neatly organized to make management easier inside the tool than it would be on the platforms themselves. Instead of a notification bell marking 20+ notifications whenever you have new comments, mentions, subscribers, demonetization, etc., everything is separated in their own categories - think old deviantArt style, where comments & replies, posts from followed artists and other notifications were all independent from each other.

We can even organize things on a grid, with the videos you have uploaded on the vertical, the categories on the horizontal, and each segment has the logo for the platforms you uploaded to with numbers by their side. Like this:

VIDEO   |     Comments   |     Replies   |     Subscribers   |     Monetization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video1   |   YT     20(+3)  |         +2       |            +4           |     Dem

Vim   15                   +7                    +1                 Okay

Vid    2 (+2)               0                     0                   Okay

SF    10 (+7)            +5                    +3                 Dem

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video2   |   YT     17(+5)  |         +5       |            +3           |     Okay

Vim    5                   +2                    +2                 Okay

Vid    8 (+2)               0                     +5                 Okay

SF    17 (+7)            +5                    +3                 Okay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the biggest problem is managing multiple platforms, but we can remove a lot of the headache and time consuming parts if we prioritize streamlining access to the information in a single place. The goal of my theoretical tool is precisely to address the issues that prevent creators from supporting multiple platforms.