Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Seems like you're going to watch it, though :)

Who knows, maybe it gets a lot better once you grow numb to the frustrating elements.

Yeah, as long as he isn't spouting off non joking rape threats anymore. I really really don't want to sound like an sjw or something, but that didn't sit well with me.

This is supposed to be a shoujo show or something, so maybe this show is like the beginning of some 50 shades of grey anime style or some shit. heheheh

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Yeah, as long as he isn't spouting off non joking rape threats anymore. I really really don't want to sound like an sjw or something, but that didn't sit well with me.

This is supposed to be a shoujo show or something, so maybe this show is like the beginning of some 50 shades of grey anime style or some shit. heheheh

Rape threats?

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything like that on the show. it's shoujo FFS

if there is screenshots pls. you might be watching a fansub made by stupid groups that use flowery words or sometimes change the context entirely

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

art is similar to disgaea (or reminds me of it)

wat is dis? feel like ive seen it b4

@DigitalHermit

Seen it before. It gets weirder. Disturbingly weird.

I feel for you...

Some kid tried to start a fight with me... I'm like if you attack me I'll attack back but I'm not doing this for no point. Apparently I'm a pussy.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

Rape threats?

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything like that on the show. it's shoujo FFS

if there is screenshots pls. you might be watching a fansub made by stupid groups that use flowery words or sometimes change the context entirely

This is from crunchyroll

I saw this and I was like "whoooooooa hold on there..."

post-4873-0-63288300-1445613685.png

I don't remember it being that kind of abusive. Oh well

It's probably easier to stomach that whole "it's not really bad because it didn't hurt" thing if you haven't seen it happen much in real life. I've helped people through genuine abusive relationships, though. I've heard people excuse serious violence on such grounds plenty of times. In fact, even basic slapstick can be really distasteful to me now, especially that whole "girls can be violent against guys but not the other way" trope anime is so fond of.

I can see why people find that sort of thing funny, though. If it's done well, you genuinely want to see the people involved having violence inflicted upon them, and that's what makes it comedic. It's Three Stooges or Looney Tunes "they deserved it on some level" humor. Without that element though, it's tough for me to treat it as comedy.

Some kid tried to start a fight with me... I'm like if you attack me I'll attack back but I'm not doing this for no point. Apparently I'm a pussy.

If the only comeback they had was to call you a pussy, then they're not worth the effort of even making this post.

This is from crunchyroll

OMG isn't that like totes hot and stuff? He's totally some misunderstood genuis, and she'll like have to heal his wounded heart!

art is similar to disgaea (or reminds me of it)

wat is dis? feel like ive seen it b4

@DigitalHermit

Seen it before. It gets weirder. Disturbingly weird.

weird? I've seen weirder stuff

disgusting in particular

2girls1cup(dot)ca

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

weird? I've seen weirder stuff

disgusting in particular

http://2girls1cup(dot)ca/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DID YOU JUST LINK THAT HAHAHAHA

It's probably easier to stomach that whole "it's not really bad because it didn't hurt" thing if you haven't seen it happen much in real life. I've helped people through genuine abusive relationships, though. I've heard people excuse serious violence on such grounds plenty of times. In fact, even basic slapstick can be really distasteful to me now, especially that whole "girls can be violent against guys but not the other way" trope anime is so fond of.

I can see why people find that sort of thing funny, though. If it's done well, you genuinely want to see the people involved having violence inflicted upon them, and that's what makes it comedic. It's Three Stooges or Looney Tunes "they deserved it on some level" humor. Without that element though, it's tough for me to treat it as comedy.well 

That's exactly the kind of comedy this  has.

I'm assuming you don't read that much shoujo since I've seen far more "violent" ones(I'm not even including the smutty ones) it's like what you've said "Girl beats up guy is okay" thing in shounen is "Guy dominates and toys with girls is okay" for shoujo. But for Little monster the violence is portrayed as over the top and a comedy nothing to be seriously taken.

This is from crunchyroll

That's obviously a joke and an empty threat.

Plus crunchyroll has some of the worst subs they literally at times just rough translate the stuff and don't even paraphrase it.

"Made by professionals" pbbffffffffttt what a joke. Do a better job at translating and timings then you can stand on the fansubs level.

That's exactly the kind of comedy this  has.

I'm assuming you don't read that much shoujo since I've seen far more "violent" ones(I'm not even including the smutty ones) it's like what you've said "Girl beats up guy is okay" thing in shounen is "Guy dominates and toys with girls is okay" for shoujo. But for Little monster the violence is portrayed as over the top and a comedy nothing to be seriously taken.

Plus crunchyroll has some of the worst subs they literally at times just rough translate the stuff and don't even paraphrase it.

"Made by professionals" pbbffffffffttt what a joke. Do a better job at translating and timings then you can stand on the fansubs level.

Maybe it was intended to be a joke, but you could do better than abducting someone into an alley and saying if they make a peep, they'll be raped with a dead serious expression. I think the context is important, say if a middle schooler said that in the same exact way after telling a secret to a classmate, its like middle schoolers being middle schoolers. Dragging somone into a dark alley and saying those words has a completely different meaning.

Idk if its just those subs, I looked on youtube and the first result has the same subs. I don't have the time to go comparing, so whatever. All I know is that I find that joke distasteful.

Maybe it was intended to be a joke, but you could do better than abducting someone into an alley and saying if they make a peep, they'll be raped with a dead serious expression. I think the context is important, say if a middle schooler said that in the same exact way after telling a secret to a classmate, its like middle schoolers being middle schoolers. Dragging somone into a dark alley and saying those words has a completely different meaning.

Idk if its just those subs, I looked on youtube and the first result has the same subs. I don't have the time to go comparing, so whatever. All I know is that I find that joke distasteful.

well it's a joke and not all jokes pleases everyone. 

plus the guy slowly irons out the edges in fact that's the only real plot progression in the anime

You'd be wrong. I've read lots of shoujo manga. But this doesn't really have the chops to be that kind of comedy. It's just not proportionate. It's kind of like Kaichou wa Maid-sama... there, the lead is such a snob that you want to see her get taken down even more of a peg than they take her down. But with Pet Monster, it doesn't feel like the lead deserves the abuse she gets, and nothing else in the story really makes up for it. In fact it sounds more like a non-comedy shoujo of this type that is afraid it's not good enough to tell that kind of story, so it adds some "comedy" instead.

Sure doesn't make him a likable character.

You'd be wrong. I've read lots of shoujo manga. But this doesn't really have the chops to be that kind of comedy. It's just not proportionate. It's kind of like Kaichou wa Maid-sama... there, the lead is such a snob that you want to see her get taken down even more of a peg than they take her down. But with Pet Monster, it doesn't feel like the lead deserves the abuse she gets, and nothing else in the story really makes up for it. In fact it sounds more like a non-comedy shoujo of this type that is afraid it's not good enough to tell that kind of story, so it adds some "comedy" instead.

Sure doesn't make him a likable character.

oh well to each his own.

I need to sleep I have to pick-up my father at the airport early morning

edit: unfortunately REAL LIFE keeps knocking and telling me I have responsibilities.

9c0db054d7c31458490fbda6a7308808991a1c41

oh yeah I forgot to tell you he irons out the edges "soften up" so to speak. That was the only progression after the first few episodes. So there's that.

oh well to each his own.

Yep :)

oh yeah I forgot to tell you he irons out the edges "soften up" so to speak. That was the only progression after the first few episodes. So there's that.

Well of course, but after 4 episodes I wasn't interested in seeing him get humanized, so it's just not for me.

Thanks for the info, though. Have a good night.

Now that I think of it, I can't really take that in the context of a joke considering his humor seems to be derived from his impulsiveness, violence, brutal honesty, and social awkwardness. it wouldn't fit for him to make a rape joke after being seriously violent.

Since we were talking about slapstick, isn't slapstick where a person is hurt, but its done only for comedy and no one is actually hurt. The MC chick gets punched in the face by the MC guy and gets a bloody nose and is knocked to the floor, that's not slapstick.

Now that I think of it, I can't really take that in the context of a joke considering his humor seems to be derived from his impulsiveness, violence, brutal honesty, and social awkwardness. it wouldn't fit for him to make a rape joke after being seriously violent.

Since we were talking about slapstick, isn't slapstick where a person is hurt, but its done only for comedy and no one is actually hurt. The MC chick gets punched in the face by the MC guy and gets a bloody nose and is knocked to the floor, that's not slapstick.

No, IIRC they weren't playing off that punch as a joke. The slapstick I remember in the episodes I saw was more in the violence towards the guy than the girl (though I'm likely wrong at this point, as it has been a few years).

No, IIRC they weren't playing off that punch as a joke. The slapstick I remember in the episodes I saw was more in the violence towards the guy than the girl (though I'm likely wrong at this point, as it has been a few years).

idk, a lot of the violence in the first episode was directed towards the girl. Now that I think about it there isn't much slapstick at all in this show. I mean when someone got beat up, there was blood n stuff. I'm on the 3rd epiosde now, and he went from a psychopath to a slightly aggressive dude with eccentric behavior.I think the whole first episode is kinda bullshit. It could have been done better. In the 3rd episode, Its not a complete mystery why this chick likes this guy. I think they just started off a show that's turning slightly generic by being all edgy and shit to get attention.

"Maid of Time"

"Tomboyish Daughter"

"History Eater"

"Pocketwatch of Blood"

"Border of Life"

"Border of Death"

"Pimordial Beat"

"Good Girl"

"Curvy Laser"

"Tsun->Dere"

"Yan->Dere"

(any of these good???)

Onodera Haru is the only Onodera that I would vote for this...

tumblr_np0vfh0zNC1tydz8to1_500.gif

Oh those are good but some are too long. Got anymore?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

idk, a lot of the violence in the first episode was directed towards the girl. Now that I think about it there isn't much slapstick at all in this show. I mean when someone got beat up, there was blood n stuff. I'm on the 3rd epiosde now, and he went from a psychopath to a slightly aggressive dude with eccentric behavior.I think the whole first episode is kinda bullshit. It could have been done better. In the 3rd episode, Its not a complete mystery why this chick likes this guy. I think they just started off a show that's turning slightly generic by being all edgy and shit to get attention.

Could be. From my notes, the third episode felt like total BS to me for much the same reason (suddenly she loves him, and all things he did are water under the bridge). Maybe I was just annoyed at how insincere the whole thing felt. It seems I was mostly disappointed in how cliched it was after that point, and it only made me want to re-read/watch Kare Kano instead.

I'd have to rewatch it to see how slapsticky it is, but I consider slapstick any kind of violence that's passed off as a joke, bloodless or not (there's plenty of cartoons/anime where people are beaten to a bloody mess, only to be fine in the next scene).

Oh those are good but some are too long. Got anymore?

Character limit?

Try naming them after spellcards or the subtitle of a theme... or their community nickname (i.e. Cirno = 9ball)

Character limit?

Try naming them after spellcards or the subtitle of a theme... or their community nickname (i.e. Cirno = 9ball)

Uhh limit is 16 I think. Or was it 20... Don’t remember at work atm.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

a96290142c64ca9e15dc935e5b8109c0.jpg

whoever did the screenshots for the mugen souls steam page is a joker.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

a96290142c64ca9e15dc935e5b8109c0.jpg

whoever did the screenshots for the mugen souls steam page is a joker.

i'm confused? is it because one of the characters names are deez nuts or is it because 69 is in the amount of mugen p or both?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com