Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Here is specifically what I ended up breaking down and buying http://goo.gl/pggTjl

*psst* Herman Miller *psst*

i had a chair like that 

i killed it racing it around the house like an idiot xD 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

...it's like they had no actual footage to show us.

Yes but , that wee bit looks AWESOME !

http://wccftech.com/doom-teaser-footage-short-sweet/

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

Alright @wolfgang @Skybane

I got the measurements down for the desk. 

74 inches in length(58 in length for the raised portion monitors will sit on top of this), 30 inches in width(10.25 in width for the the raised portion on the top portion of the desk against the wall, purpose of this portion is to give monitors some elevation), 42.5 inches in height(8.75 inches in height for the raised portion so the total height of the desk will be 51.25 inches)

Now we can change up the bottom portion, I'd like the bottom portion to have drawers for storage of papers, parts tools and whatnot. I really like the idea of the headphone drawer lol.

I'd prefer the PC to be sitting on the top of the desk but I don't know if that'll be possible with those measurements since the NZXT Phantom I have has the length of 24.5 inches, width of 9 inches and height of 22.5 inches. My next build which will be coming up in the summer or late august so the case may not be of the same measurements, maybe there is a way to incorporate the build into the desk? I'm having a hard time picturing a good place to put the PC on the desk(on the top or in the desk) so that it looks aesthetically pleasing. 

Measured the desk I currently have in sketchup. Its 70x35x43 1/8. I dont think the computer will fit up there with all the monitors. Not easily at least. You can squeze it in on the side with only 1 inch extra if the monitors are correct size. I will start on a new design with your new specs. Maybe put a pc in a drawer.

You want the raised portion for the monitors to be centered? yes?

Blarg

Yes but , that wee bit looks AWESOME !

http://wccftech.com/doom-teaser-footage-short-sweet/

thats all they give us ???? 11 whole damn seconds ?! c'mon bethesda ... give me more then that

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

Joke's on you. There's maybe 2 seconds of actual footage there.

you know what i mean lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

The problem is that people equate liking an anime with quality , so when the rate it they are really saying how much they like it .

You approach rating in an analytical , critiquing mindset . I do that with books and movies but find I don't with anime . If I like it that's all that matters . That being said , I refrain from rating anime for that reason .

I am fully aware that I like things that are not good. Hell I love the dub of ghost stories but that was a horrible anime lol

So guys I bought a new chair...

very descriptive lol

Didnt I send you some more stuff?

you sent me a lot of stuff I was only posting was that relevant to the statement I was making at the time. Also I have notice that after typing on the blues for a bit I don't bottom out the blacks nearly as much as I did before lol

Joke's on you. There's maybe 2 seconds of actual footage there.

I can see it now . One day you get hit by a truck and die . Due to a glitch you end up in Heaven . While getting shown around , you start critiquing everything  :lol: 

" Well , I just don't see how gold streets are practical . At least God should have gone for platinum and why is everybody so stupidly happy ? I don't think this was planned out well . "

At this point St. Peter has called for security lol

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

I am fully aware that I like things that are not good. Hell I love the dub of ghost stories but that was a horrible anime lol

What do you mean? That dub is objectively great.

I can see it now . One day you get hit by a truck and die . Due to a glitch you end up in Heaven . While getting shown around , you start critiquing everything :lol:

I'm not sure where I'd end up. I doubt either place would want me. Maybe the best outcome for me would be if they'd put me to good use in Hell, as a demon torturing people who coasted by in life making mediocre stuff that was still popular with my endless critiquing?

To be honest I'm not all that impressed based on the footage alone, but the inner child is me is still jumping in joy at the prospect of more good Doomage.

Exactly !

agreed the dub it great but I also tried watching it subbed not so good lol

Oh, well yeah. They're two different products as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, well yeah. They're two different products as far as I'm concerned.

radically different but the same visuals I find that rather interesting lol

i had a chair like that

i killed it racing it around the house like an idiot xD

So u broke a 700$ chair?

So u broke a 700$ chair?

yea , that expains why my parents were so pissed off at me that day xD woooops

Spoiler
Spoiler

probably just a cheaper clone

probs 

Spoiler
Spoiler

probably just a cheaper clone

Well I'd hope so but it they were super pissed maybe not.

Well I'd hope so but it they were super pissed maybe not.

lol , idk they always got pissed off at me for something 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Managed to sneak in some more anime before bed. Relatively ok ones, but nothing special. Good enough to get me to sleep, at least.

Kyoukai no Rinne (6). so-so.

This was a bit overly silly, and felt a bit like a kid's show. On that level it was charming and amusing enough. But... it's been a while since we've seen a Damishigami, so I wonder how many kids would be confused at that reveal. It worked out ok by the end despite not being very memorable. There were enough small background details like Rokumon gathering up the sushi, and the final reveal shows that they might get the plot rolling soon (even if the next episode is going to introduce a character that doesn't really add much to the series).

Teekyuu (7). so-so.

This time the random jumps involved a surprise older sister. Some of the jumps were funny enough, but overall I'm getting that same "Teekyu fatigue" I got in the middle of the last two seasons. Sure, it has its charm, but it's a case of diminishing returns. In season one the episodes had the same overall style of humor, but the episodes seemed to have more of a sensible progression and it felt more like they were teasing you than just machine-gunning gags. It'd be nice if they could recall some of that.

Takamiya Nasuno Desu! (7). mediocre.

Now that I've put some thought into Teekyu, it makes more sense why this spin-off isn't as fun. With fewer cast members, it feels like the characters are just talking past one another rather than winking at the audience. And worse, this episode made it feel like they've running out of gags... how does that even happen with a random rapid-fire gag anime?

The Doe-eyed Appearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (7). so-so.

Looks like this was a budget-saving episode. Not a whole heck of a lot happened, let alone anything novel, but it was still charming enough to watch and had the usual nice unspoken touches. It didn't really add anything to the anime, though. I guess there were some mild d'awws, but it's harder to notice mild ones in an anime that's all about mild d'awws. Still, it passed the time without feeling terribly boring, so I guess that's good enough.