I need help picking out my Motherboard, cpu and memory.

Ayman_
Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

$250CAD is a tight budget for CPU, RAM, and motherboard. For current gen stuff, the i3 is pretty much the only option, as Ryzen 3 is either out of stock or held hostage by scalpers at the moment. Considering that the graphics card is a GTX 1060 3GB, the i3 should be perfectly sufficient. It's basically as if you paired it with an i7 6700 - 5 years ago no one would have said that CPU was too weak for the card.

I'd aim for a B560 motherboard if you can afford it, as that will allow you to run RAM at its rated XMP speed, which is important to get the full performance out of a 10100F. You can pair it with a 2x8GB kit of DDR4-3200 or DDR4-3600 RAM. That would be the ideal combo, but I don't know how easy that will be to make work within the budget.

So I already have my GPU which is a GTX 1060 3gb from asus (see picture) and I also have my case it's from AZZA I forgot which model exactly but it has a solid front panel with ventilation at the top and back, My psu is a EVGA 500BR
I have about $250CAD left in my budget, I don't something over the top but something modern that can get me by just fine for a few years. Used parts are also welcome but I'm thinking I might get the i3-10100f since it's only $120 right now but I don't know if its  enough or not.

I should also mention that I'm going to be using this pc to video edit and photo edit a bit nothing too much mostly going to be used for gaming.

gtxx 1060.PNG

do you have ram and mobo?

also I can not believe how expensive ryzen 3 has gotten but the fact a 5600x is somewhat affordable compared to intel competition lol

$250CAD is a tight budget for CPU, RAM, and motherboard. For current gen stuff, the i3 is pretty much the only option, as Ryzen 3 is either out of stock or held hostage by scalpers at the moment. Considering that the graphics card is a GTX 1060 3GB, the i3 should be perfectly sufficient. It's basically as if you paired it with an i7 6700 - 5 years ago no one would have said that CPU was too weak for the card.

I'd aim for a B560 motherboard if you can afford it, as that will allow you to run RAM at its rated XMP speed, which is important to get the full performance out of a 10100F. You can pair it with a 2x8GB kit of DDR4-3200 or DDR4-3600 RAM. That would be the ideal combo, but I don't know how easy that will be to make work within the budget.