Project Vesuvius Mini

digitalnav

Sounds awesome. Will there be a video?

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Tomorrow... I will try to build a rig in the 250D with a 295X2... here's to hoping everything fits!

interesting build to see coz I would like to see how you can squeeze that long GPU into the 250D but what about the rest of the build be like?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

OH cool!

plz post pics!

Vesuvius eh?

Olympus Mons is not impressed

11f13.jpg

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

interesting build to see coz I would like to see how you can squeeze that long GPU into the 250D but what about the rest of the build be like?

Debating on motherboard at the moment, probably a Z87 stinger + 4770K. Not sure on CPU cooling at the moment as im unsure where im going to mount the 295X2 cooler.

Supposedly the 295X2 hits the threshold for the 250D length wise, guess ill find out tomorrow.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

of course!

Nice! :D

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Debating on motherboard at the moment, probably a Z87 stinger + 4770K. Not sure on CPU cooling at the moment as im unsure where im going to mount the 295X2 cooler.

Supposedly the 295X2 hits the threshold for the 250D length wise, guess ill find out tomorrow.

Can I suggest the Asus Impact iTX or the MSI Z87i?

I heard great review from the 2 boards especially from Tek Syndicate

the radiator for the 295X2 is a 120 or 140mm so I guess you can only fit a BeQuiet Dark Power CPU cooler.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I have a spare Z87 Stinger thats why I chose it  :lol:

Must be nice... :rolleyes: lol

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I have a spare Z87 Stinger thats why I chose it  :lol:

ah i see

but a good CPU air cooler is the only thing you can fit when the rear exhaust fan mount is occupied by the radiator for the 295X2

ah i see

but a good CPU air cooler is the only thing you can fit when the rear exhaust fan mount is occupied by the radiator for the 295X2

Yup, going to see what I can scavenge tomorrow.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

how do you have 2 295x's? ;D You're going to need 2 power supplies if you want to make a proper build with 2 of those :P

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

how do you have 2 295x's? ;D You're going to need 2 power supplies if you want to make a proper build with 2 of those :P

Hahaa...no. He'll be fine with an AX1200(i).

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Thats really going to push the length and space. Might still get a bit warm even with that water cooler.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Hahaa...no. He'll be fine with an AX1200(i).

each twin GPU is drawing 500 watts each

so pretty much the 1200i is the minimum PSU he should use to power the 2 GPUs with the rest of the components

You should probably make life easy and just do a small cpu cooler. easier to manage and without LC the OC you'll push won't be remarkable so it's not worth it. the highlight of the build is the 295x (x2) so you should put emphasis on this. Either use the stock or like an EVO

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 x 295x2? HOLY CRAP  :o 

I shall pray for your PSU good sir.

Not a fan of the 250D (too plasticy) but heck suprise us!

You may pass.

a 295x2 build

PRAIIIISE TEH LOHD