Should I upgrade my i7-8700

Go to solution Solved by ComputerNerd21,

Hi, Pdog!

I'd keep your i7-8700 as it is a decent CPU. Currently prices are a little too high to spend on a whole new CPU.
Recommend waiting until prices drop, and splurging for the AMD 7000 series. (when they release,)

Best wishes, Atreyu!

Hi guys. I'm moving countries and because of this I've decided to strip down my current build. Only shipping my RTX 2070 and memory, instead of shipping the whole PC.

Should I keep my i7-8700 for another 1 to 2 years? Or should I upgrade to an AMD 5000 series. I'm also hoping to upgrade my GPU when prices go down in the next year or so.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. 🙂

Hi, Pdog!

I'd keep your i7-8700 as it is a decent CPU. Currently prices are a little too high to spend on a whole new CPU.
Recommend waiting until prices drop, and splurging for the AMD 7000 series. (when they release,)

Best wishes, Atreyu!

Main PC

Ryzen 7 3700X, Nvidia GeForce (EVGA) RTX 2060 KO, 16GB ram.

13 minutes ago, ComputerNerd21 said:

Hi, Pdog!

Best wishes, Atreyu!

Yeah that's a good solution.

Thanks for the response mate, really appreciated it.

56 minutes ago, Pdog said:

Hi guys. I'm moving countries and because of this I've decided to strip down my current build. Only shipping my RTX 2070 and memory, instead of shipping the whole PC.

Should I keep my i7-8700 for another 1 to 2 years? Or should I upgrade to an AMD 5000 series. I'm also hoping to upgrade my GPU when prices go down in the next year or so.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. 🙂

not yet

just wait amd am5 + ram ddr5 on a cut price