Switch Controller shows up in USBTreeViewer, but not DeviceManager

Hello fellow... "LTTers"?

I wanted to use my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller on my Desktop PC, but the issue is that Nintendo Switch Controllers are dInput, instead of xInput.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers on Windows should still connect automatically, but the issue is that the controller inputs themselves won't work properly other programs most of the time. You need 3rd party programs, such as BetterJoyforCemu, DS4Windows, or ProconXInput, which use ViGEM (or ScpVBus in ProConXInput's case) and HIDGuardian. Alternatively Steam has its own controller drivers, which I tried as well.

So with that context, here's the full order of events:

1) I plugged in my Pro Controller through USB, and Windows detected it, and set it up as a game controller

2) I installed BetterJoyForCemu, and its Drivers [ViGEM & HIDGuardian]

3) Success! It worked!

4) Computer kept Blue Screening in a constant loop for unrelated reasons, and I eventually had to reinstall Windows.

5) Windows would not detect when I plugged in my Pro Controller anymore, no notification, no sound, nothing.

6) Nothing showed up in Device Manager either.

7) I spend over a week trying all the 3rd party solutions listed above.

8) I realize that none of this would work for the issue I'm having, since windows needs to detect the device, as a game controller, before any of these 3rd party solutions could do anything.

9) I make sure all of the windows power settings, such as power saving mode is not messing with the USB ports, (In power mode and in device manager)

10) Still nothing, I completely uninstall all of the 3rd party drivers, using this tutorial: https://vigem.org/projects/ViGEm/How-to-Install/

11) I try to reinstall each solution individually, to try and see if any of them will work in desperation.

11) I download USBTreeViewer and try to figure out wtf was going on.

12) I am now asking for help, as I realize I am in way over my head, but I feel I am getting closer.

p.s. both screenshots were taken 2-3 minutes apart, and the controller was plugged in for both.

Reposted because wrong thread.

Screenshot 2021-12-23 192233.png

Screenshot 2021-12-23 192459.png

On 1/2/2022 at 6:15 AM, Minish_Hyaaa said:

I'm having a similar issue myself, the controller is detected but isn't a the same time

You and me both buddy