Crashing since adding dual channel

Viktor277

I had a 1x8gb 3200mhz stick in my pc and now i added another matching 8gb 3200mhz stick. Before i had no crashes whatsoever and any game ran fine, When i added another stick so i could take advantage of dual channel memory any more demanding game cant go on for more that 10 mins before crashing. I increased graphical settings as well and it did improve performance a lot (compared to single channel ram). And no error are report in event viewer either, what could be causing this?

Those sticks arent from the same kit so they havent been tested to work together at their rated speed. Try to loosen some of the timings in your BIOS and see if they get stable if not bring them down to 3000.

7 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Those sticks arent from the same kit so they havent been tested to work together at their rated speed. Try to loosen some of the timings in your BIOS and see if they get stable if not bring them down to 3000.

I'm not familiar with ram timings as i never had a need to fiddle with it, what timings should i loosen in the bios? Or could i just drop it to 2933mhz?

I thought the timing were same on either sticks, just slightly different serial or whatever it's called. Everything is set to auto in bios except the 3000mhz profile.

Just now, Viktor277 said:

I'm not familiar with ram timings as i never had a need ti fiddle with it, what timings should i loosen in the bios? Or could i just drop it to 2933mhz?

You can simply try to drop speed but if you head into memory timings in your BIOS you can try to increase the values of the following:

TRFC, TRFC2, TRFC4. Try to double those timings and see if it helps. If it does try to tighten (lower vaues) them and check for stability.

If that doesn't help you can try to increase CAS latency by 1, if that still doesn't help try increasing RCD, RP, RAS and TRC by 1, 1, 2 and 4. If still not try increase CAS, RCD, RP, RAS and TRC by further 1, 1, 1, 2 and 4 while having TRFC values loose.

If that doesn't help you may need need to play with voltages but I don't know what is safe voltages for your system but mainly SOC and DRAM voltages. You can ask for help with those but you may have to start a new thread and list your hardware. SOC LLC may also help if you got that.

Dropping speed is safer though and may be more effective as a solution.

33 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

You can simply try to drop speed but if you head into memory timings in your BIOS you can try to increase the values of the following:

TRFC, TRFC2, TRFC4. Try to double those timings and see if it helps. If it does try to tighten (lower vaues) them and check for stability.

If that doesn't help you can try to increase CAS latency by 1, if that still doesn't help try increasing RCD, RP, RAS and TRC by 1, 1, 2 and 4. If still not try increase CAS, RCD, RP, RAS and TRC by further 1, 1, 1, 2 and 4 while having TRFC values loose.

If that doesn't help you may need need to play with voltages but I don't know what is safe voltages for your system but mainly SOC and DRAM voltages. You can ask for help with those but you may have to start a new thread and list your hardware. SOC LLC may also help if you got that.

Dropping speed is safer though and may be more effective as a solution.

Thanks for the help, going to try this and report results!