DDR3 SODIMM RAM COMPATIBILITY

Drogoc0p

Hello and happy holidays. 

I'm looking to upgrade my mother's laptop's memory, since it's just a single stick of 4gb DDR3 1600MHz at the moment. This is not enough for modern computers, even if it's a "mom pc".

SPECS:

ACER ASPIRE E1-472

CPU: INTEL i5 4200U

GPU: Integrated

MEMORY: 1x DDR3 4GB 1600MHz (Timings below)

MOTHERBOARD (If that matters): EA40_HW

I attach pictures of the module itself:

245946056_MODULESIDE2.thumb.jpeg.5fdeab73868e8b1ca6a49469afaa8031.jpeg1073320215_MODULESIDE1.thumb.jpeg.0bbf30a33b6d6294047dfa901d530400.jpeg

The problem is, I can't find the exact same module (It's on amazon but I don't have access to it, just local markets in my country).

However, I've found a pretty much identical one online for a good price. It runs on the same voltage (1.35V), same timings (C11 if i'm not wrong), same freq, and same data transfer rate (12800S). But the module is not the same, and the chips might be made by a different supplier. Would there be a compatibilty problem between these two? The stick I found is the following: image.png.0a0bd7b5032257503483eff4c18179ee.png

Also, would the motherboard be capable of supporting 8gb of RAM? (I know it has two slots, that isn't going to be the problem here). I know the CPU does support up to 16gb.

I hugely appreciate any help. 

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks a lot for reading

CPU.jpeg

MEMORY.jpeg

MOTHERBOARD.jpeg

SPD.jpeg

SYSINFO.jpeg

image.png

Can't you find her a whole new kit? They should work but at the same time they may struggle so it is a bit of a risk. I would try to find a whole kit even a used one.

3 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Can't you find her a whole new kit? They should work but at the same time they may struggle so it is a bit of a risk. I would try to find a whole kit even a used one.

I'm afraid that would be the only sensible option. Thanks for the insight