One of my keyboards keyswitches has broken, i've disabled it; however don't know of another way to get the key i need?

Tomsta

So i believe i might have broken one of my keys while i was cleaning it, i've had to disable the '-' key on the top row in order for the keyboard to not behave oddly, however that key also was used for Underscores, anyone know how to get an underscore with doing "Shift" + "-"?

Keyboard is a Corsair K70

Edit: i've ordered another keyboard as the one i have is out of warranty

Edit 2: Due to the iCue software i've managed to remap the - on my numpad to act as the - from the top row, including the underscore. It's a work around till my replacement comes

ALT + 95
You can use that for underscore.

Regular dash is 45

(just hold ALT then use num-pad to type 9 then 5 only then release ALT and you got your underscore.)

edit1 Source:
Ffrom this tiny list (I know there are waaaay more)
https://www.keynotesupport.com/internet/special-characters-symbols.shtml

edit2 It can happen it wont work in a certain application. Just type it in one where it does work and copy/paste it over.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

If you're buying a replacement you might as well try to fix it by desoldering the faulty switch and cleaning/replacing it.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Just now, DJ46 said:

If you're buying a replacement you might as well try to fix it by desoldering the faulty switch and cleaning/replacing it.

I don't have a soldering iron otherwise i would

Just now, Tomsta said:

Sell it, and clearly state 1 broken button. I bet there's someone wanting a cheaper K70. 😉

Just now, Tomsta said:

Ah, makes sense. Well, be sure to keep the broken keyboard in case you ever get a soldering iron/find someone who can lend one to you.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

9 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Sell it, and clearly state 1 broken button. I bet there's someone wanting a cheaper K70. 😉

Due to the iCue software i've managed to remap the - on my numpad to act as the - from the top row, including the underscore. It's a work around till my replacement comes

2 minutes ago, Tomsta said:

Due to the iCue software i've managed to remap the - on my numpad to act as the - from the top row, including the underscore. It's a work around till my replacement comes

Well, i wouldnt have minded to know that before i looked up all them codes for yah... 😄

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Well, i wouldnt have minded to know that before i looked up all them codes for yah... 😄

It's fine, it was a lightbulb moment about 5 minutes ago. I appreciate you looking for the alt codes anyway