Looking for advice on going to a liquid cooler

MartianXi

Curious what people believe is a good option for a liquid cooler for my rig. Looking at a case upgrade, likely to the Fractal Meshify 2 E-ATX, which seems to support lots of radiator options. Running an Asus 3080 on an older i7-6700K, which seems to still be just enough for now.

NH-D15 or D15S would be a solid choice, and you can use it again once you upgrade your cpu/motherboard/ram.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

55 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:

NH-D15 or D15S would be a solid choice, and you can use it again once you upgrade your cpu/motherboard/ram.

Neither of these are liquid coolers, already have something akin to these running now. It's more the extra case fans I guess I'm looking for, which tend to be integrated into the liquid cooled ones

20 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

He asked for advice on AIOs (All In One liquid coolers) and you suggested NH-D15 and NH-D15S.

While I agree that an NH-D15 is more than good enough for basically any CPU, this is not what he asked about.

19 hours ago, MartianXi said:

Neither of these are liquid coolers, already have something akin to these running now. It's more the extra case fans I guess I'm looking for, which tend to be integrated into the liquid cooled ones

Most would probably recommend Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 240mm/280mm/360mm. 

NZXT Kraken X53 / X63 / X73 and Corsair iCUE H100i / H115i / H150i are also very popular. 

The before mentioned NH-D15 air cooler has basically the same performance as a 240mm AIO.  

In my previous case I used a Corsair H150i (360mm AIO) and it was fine and I have no complaints about it. 

But I switched to NH-D15 because I wanted a more silent build and my CPU temps are roughly the same. 

Fractal Meshify 2 can fit most AIOs without any problem. 

240mm AIO is good enough for 6700K.

You don't really need a 280mm or 360mm radiator for that CPU. 

But getting a slightly bigger cooler may be a good idea if you plan to upgrade your CPU in the not to distant future. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9.