How to fix Micro-Stuttering on 6000 Series GPU'S ; Specifically 6900XT .. WARZONE

Chinez

Hi All (This is a repost from my original Reddit Post ; which keeps getting removed for spam).

You have either found this Post because like 99% of us... you are suffering from Poor Performance in a little Game Called: Call of Duty Warzone with probably your 6000 Series GPU.

If you have a 6900XT Series GPU you are in Luck as this is how Micro-Stuttering is Fixed.

PLEASE NOTE: This Post will be updated by Me till I narrow down which poxy setting is the issue. - Also apologies if the formatting is god awful ; I haven't had time to swap it from the reddit formatting yet. 

My P.C Specification:

GIGABYTE X570 Aurous Elite - Latest BIOS
AMD RYZEN 5950X (NO OVERCLOCKING)
Liquid Freezer ii 420 AIO
ASUS STRIX 6900XT Liquid Cooled GPU (Little OVERCLOCKING)
3200Mhz CL16 RAM (Trident Z Silver/Grey) NO OVERCLOCKING

YES 3200Mhz RAM with a 5950x - Because I'm an idiot 

Driver Versions Used:

AMD Chipset Driver- 3.10.08.506 (Latest as of 24/12/21)
AMD Graphics Driver - 21.12.3 (Latest as of 24/12/21)
BIOS Revision: F36e (14/10/21- Latest)

GPU-Z says: 30.0.14011.3017 (Adrenalin 21.12.1) DCH / WIN 10 64 - Probably Relevant

Background:
  • Recently Purchased a 6900XT STRIX Liquid Cooled AIO GPU

• Also Purchased a 5950X Because I thought my 3600 just couldn't Handle 4K Gaming.

• About to Purchase 4000Mhz RAM Kit - Guess I know can leave that for a bit.

• Total Windows Re-installs: 4

• Hair loss from stuttering: To much to count - I'm now bald

• Total Loss from Buying Stuff: Doesn't Matter *Cough 5950x*

• Threads read through: 100000+

So Lets Get Started:

Programs Required:

You probably already have these..

MOREPOWER TOOL - https://www.igorslab.de/installer/MorePowerTool_Setup_1_3_5.exe
Tech Power Up GPUZ - https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/
RYZEN Master: - Just Kidding

Method of the Madness:

So I'm basically going to steal bits of other peoples guides here because I'm fed up with typing.

How to Use MorePowerTool?
Step 1 - Download the program

Install the program following the standard instructions. Click "Next" everywhere.

During installation, the utility will inform you that it will need to be run with administrator rights!

Step 2 - Make a copy of the current BIOS

Open GPU-Z by Tech Power up.
We need the original BIOS. Save the current BIOS using GPU-Z there is a small arrow next to the UEFI Check Box.

Click that and save to the DESKTOP... save as NAVI21 or something you will remember.

r/Amd - How to fix Micro-Stuttering on 6000 Series GPU'S ; Specifically 6900XT .. WARZONE (Mega-Thread)

Will save as a .ROM File

Step 3 - optimize for MORE POWER!

Run MorePowerTool.exe
as administrator. To do this, right-click.

Click the "Load" button and load the BIOS version you saved in the previous step. In the selection window, select the BIOS file with the extension .rom

In the field above, select your GPU.

r/Amd - How to fix Micro-Stuttering on 6000 Series GPU'S ; Specifically 6900XT .. WARZONE (Mega-Thread)

Load - Select Bios file From GPU-Z

Step 4 - What do I put in the boxes?

Now we set the "Power & Voltage". This influences the specifications of the sliders and their maximum values in AMD RADEON WATTMAN.

THIS STOPS THE STUPID DIPS WITH THE MHZ AND POWER DRAW - I.E 75% Of stuttering.

So Basically see the following Picture Below:

COPY THIS ONLY IF YOU HAVE REALLY GOOD COOLING.

MORE POWERRRR!!!!! - I always Keep (W) 20/40 above (A)

Okay so the Difficult Steps are done.

Time for some WARZONE Optimisation quickly.

Step 1 - Find the Documents Folder:

Right so now we are going to double check Warzone is not being THICKKKK!

Locate Said File:

Getting Techinical - ADV_OPTIONS

Step 2 - So open this file in Notepad:

Set this to amount of Core you Have.

Tip if you are not sure:

How many Cores Do I have - Little Cheat Sheet for the 5000 Series above.

Now Click Save and call it a day.

MOST IMPORTANT PART: AMD RADEON SOFTWARE SETTINGS:

Okay so I have changed virtually every setting here ; so basically copy this if you are just playing Warzone.

I will eventually change each setting and work out which causes the stuttering.

But for people who have got/going to get a 6900XT for Christmas this will work.

Picture Montage Coming Up:

Graphics 1

Graphics 2

Display

Hotkeys

This step below is probably not required: (Record & Stream Settings).

Sorry if you stream through this garbage ; for some reason this Audio Channel setting is mega important. - Buggy Audio Codecs ?????

Put this on 5... cause 5 is better than 1

Yea just turn all of this crap off.

SUPER IMPORTANT BIT NOW: OVER CLOCK SETTING FROM MPT.

Read the notes underneath.

Step 1-

So we want to start OC'ing this GPU so it stays nice and locked at its set Speed.

Step 2-

Always have the MIN & MAX Setting 100mhz apart. - Also Max Power and OC VRAM - I have a very good card so can go to 2200MHz - You will probs only be able to go to 2100Mhz.

Okay so that is it for Radeon Settings. Bye Bye stuttering.

Now if you are interested here are my Warzone Settings for 4K.

Settings / Display

Setting 2 / Quality Part 1

Setting 3 / Quality Part 3

Setting 4 / Quality Part 4

I really hope this helps everyone , I will keep everyone updated when I work out which stupid setting is causing the stuttering.

Peace Out , Happy Gaming!!!

All ok, everything is fine, i have configured it like this on my pc and it works fairly good.

In my case I have:

Ryzen 5600X

AMD Raderon 6900XT 

32 GB RAM (3600MHZ)

Monitor Gigabyte 1440p.

I play with low settings...

AVG FPS: 150-250

I put the frequency of my graphics card at: 2550 Min & 2650 Max, and memory at 2100.

Renderworkercount: 6

Videomemoryscale at 1.2

SAM DISABLED

RADEON ANTILAG DISABLED

RADERON FREESYNC DISABLED

AMD DRIVER: ADRENALIN 21.11.3

Have you ever heard about Nimez AMD Costum Drivers?

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/driver-mod-amernime-zone-radeon-insight-21-12-1-whql-gcn-legacy-pack-released.436611/

I never tried it but maybe they would solve the problem..

Thanks for your work brother. I wait for news!

5 hours ago, Skyow69 said:

All ok, everything is fine, i have configured it like this on my pc and it works fairly good.

In my case I have:

Ryzen 5600X

AMD Raderon 6900XT 

32 GB RAM (3600MHZ)

Monitor Gigabyte 1440p.

I play with low settings...

AVG FPS: 150-250

I put the frequency of my graphics card at: 2550 Min & 2650 Max, and memory at 2100.

Renderworkercount: 6

Videomemoryscale at 1.2

SAM DISABLED

RADEON ANTILAG DISABLED

RADERON FREESYNC DISABLED

AMD DRIVER: ADRENALIN 21.11.3

Have you ever heard about Nimez AMD Costum Drivers?

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/driver-mod-amernime-zone-radeon-insight-21-12-1-whql-gcn-legacy-pack-released.436611/

I never tried it but maybe they would solve the problem..

Thanks for your work brother. I wait for news!

Glad all is working for you , what a pain in the ass for such a High-End Product.

When I have time I will look at the Nimez Custom Driver + Test , thank you for this  🙂

This problem seems to only be with Warzone as well , have played CyberPunk etc all at stock no problem. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2021 at 5:54 AM, Chinez said:

Hi All (This is a repost from my original Reddit Post ; which keeps getting removed for spam).

You have either found this Post because like 99% of us... you are suffering from Poor Performance in a little Game Called: Call of Duty Warzone with probably your 6000 Series GPU.

If you have a 6900XT Series GPU you are in Luck as this is how Micro-Stuttering is Fixed.

PLEASE NOTE: This Post will be updated by Me till I narrow down which poxy setting is the issue. - Also apologies if the formatting is god awful ; I haven't had time to swap it from the reddit formatting yet. 

My P.C Specification:

GIGABYTE X570 Aurous Elite - Latest BIOS
AMD RYZEN 5950X (NO OVERCLOCKING)
Liquid Freezer ii 420 AIO
ASUS STRIX 6900XT Liquid Cooled GPU (Little OVERCLOCKING)
3200Mhz CL16 RAM (Trident Z Silver/Grey) NO OVERCLOCKING

YES 3200Mhz RAM with a 5950x - Because I'm an idiot 

Driver Versions Used:

AMD Chipset Driver- 3.10.08.506 (Latest as of 24/12/21)
AMD Graphics Driver - 21.12.3 (Latest as of 24/12/21)
BIOS Revision: F36e (14/10/21- Latest)

GPU-Z says: 30.0.14011.3017 (Adrenalin 21.12.1) DCH / WIN 10 64 - Probably Relevant

Background:
  • Recently Purchased a 6900XT STRIX Liquid Cooled AIO GPU

• Also Purchased a 5950X Because I thought my 3600 just couldn't Handle 4K Gaming.

• About to Purchase 4000Mhz RAM Kit - Guess I know can leave that for a bit.

• Total Windows Re-installs: 4

• Hair loss from stuttering: To much to count - I'm now bald

• Total Loss from Buying Stuff: Doesn't Matter *Cough 5950x*

• Threads read through: 100000+

So Lets Get Started:

Programs Required:

You probably already have these..

MOREPOWER TOOL - https://www.igorslab.de/installer/MorePowerTool_Setup_1_3_5.exe
Tech Power Up GPUZ - https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/
RYZEN Master: - Just Kidding

Method of the Madness:

So I'm basically going to steal bits of other peoples guides here because I'm fed up with typing.

How to Use MorePowerTool?
Step 1 - Download the program

Install the program following the standard instructions. Click "Next" everywhere.

During installation, the utility will inform you that it will need to be run with administrator rights!

Step 2 - Make a copy of the current BIOS

Open GPU-Z by Tech Power up.
We need the original BIOS. Save the current BIOS using GPU-Z there is a small arrow next to the UEFI Check Box.

Click that and save to the DESKTOP... save as NAVI21 or something you will remember.

Will save as a .ROM File

Step 3 - optimize for MORE POWER!

Run MorePowerTool.exe
as administrator. To do this, right-click.

Click the "Load" button and load the BIOS version you saved in the previous step. In the selection window, select the BIOS file with the extension .rom

In the field above, select your GPU.

Load - Select Bios file From GPU-Z

Step 4 - What do I put in the boxes?

Now we set the "Power & Voltage". This influences the specifications of the sliders and their maximum values in AMD RADEON WATTMAN.

THIS STOPS THE STUPID DIPS WITH THE MHZ AND POWER DRAW - I.E 75% Of stuttering.

So Basically see the following Picture Below:

COPY THIS ONLY IF YOU HAVE REALLY GOOD COOLING.

MORE POWERRRR!!!!! - I always Keep (W) 20/40 above (A)

Okay so the Difficult Steps are done.

Time for some WARZONE Optimisation quickly.

Step 1 - Find the Documents Folder:

Right so now we are going to double check Warzone is not being THICKKKK!

Locate Said File:

Getting Techinical - ADV_OPTIONS

Step 2 - So open this file in Notepad:

Set this to amount of Core you Have.

Tip if you are not sure:

How many Cores Do I have - Little Cheat Sheet for the 5000 Series above.

Now Click Save and call it a day.

MOST IMPORTANT PART: AMD RADEON SOFTWARE SETTINGS:

Okay so I have changed virtually every setting here ; so basically copy this if you are just playing Warzone.

I will eventually change each setting and work out which causes the stuttering.

But for people who have got/going to get a 6900XT for Christmas this will work.

Picture Montage Coming Up:

Graphics 1

Graphics 2

Display

Hotkeys

This step below is probably not required: (Record & Stream Settings).

Sorry if you stream through this garbage ; for some reason this Audio Channel setting is mega important. - Buggy Audio Codecs ?????

Put this on 5... cause 5 is better than 1

Yea just turn all of this crap off.

SUPER IMPORTANT BIT NOW: OVER CLOCK SETTING FROM MPT.

Read the notes underneath.

Step 1-

So we want to start OC'ing this GPU so it stays nice and locked at its set Speed.

Step 2-

Always have the MIN & MAX Setting 100mhz apart. - Also Max Power and OC VRAM - I have a very good card so can go to 2200MHz - You will probs only be able to go to 2100Mhz.

Okay so that is it for Radeon Settings. Bye Bye stuttering.

Now if you are interested here are my Warzone Settings for 4K.

Settings / Display

Setting 2 / Quality Part 1

Setting 3 / Quality Part 3

Setting 4 / Quality Part 4

I really hope this helps everyone , I will keep everyone updated when I work out which stupid setting is causing the stuttering.

Peace Out , Happy Gaming!!!

Hi having same problem, if you see this could you possibly give me some values to put in the morepowertool boxes for a reference rx 6900xt? I dont have liquid cooling for gpu btw. I’m just so over the stuttering and finally seeing a viable solution but like you said only do ur recommended values if you have really good cooling.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve heard/ read on thread it is the audio setting that causes stutters yet to verify. This seems to have worked for me so far. r7 5800x & sapphire nitro 6900xt 

To disable Sam in bios you disable resizeable bar/ 4g decoding? 

On 3/10/2022 at 12:17 AM, Derbz6 said:

I’ve heard/ read on thread it is the audio setting that causes stutters yet to verify. This seems to have worked for me so far. r7 5800x & sapphire nitro 6900xt 

Which audio setting are you talking about?

Yes, but you can also just disable it from the software, no? 

On 3/10/2022 at 12:17 AM, Derbz6 said:

Which audio setting is it? Can you link me the thread :)? 

And yes you can do that or just disable it from the software

• 9 months later...

Hey, it wasn't specified how to apply after step 4

It seems SPPT doesn't work like it used to with the new driver update

anywho, I need to apply this system-wide as I use the card on macOS.

Anyone had any success with flashing the modded bios?

I got the RBE beta to open the MPT and save the new ROM, but I couldn't flash it. I even tried linux but it said BIOS authentication failed. Someone said the post Vega GPUs will not run without BIOS authentication. Any thoughts? This stutter is crazy....so much for a 1500 dollar graphics card