Day 9-12 FREE Games for the next 15 Days at Epic December 16th - December 30th

Paul Rudd

Visit the Epic Games store everyday for the next 15 days to get a FREE game each day.

Mages of Mystralia is FREE TODAY, Monday December 27th at the Epic Games store. (expired)

Control is FREE TODAY, Sunday December 26th at the Epic Games store. (expired)

EDIT December 28 - Something is going on with the amount of space provided to post gifs and pictures. I get this message... "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post. Manage Attachments to free up space." So I went in and deleted a good 5 gifs I had posted a couple years ago to free up space but it still didn't allow me to post any more gifs when I edit them in the next day. So is there a way to bump up that amount of space? It's just 20MB per post right now. It seems to only happen when I edit a post to add more gifs since I was able to put the gifs below in this new thread. (Issue Resolved) I had basically been uploading gifs that are bumped up in file size within the system posting process.

Prey is FREE TODAY, Saturday December 25th at the Epic Games store. (expired)

Pathfinder Kingmaker is FREE TODAY, Friday December 24th at the Epic Games store. (expired)

Be sure to claim the 2 FREE DLC Add-Ons Arcane Unleashed and Bloody Mess.

15 Days of FREE Games List

Day 1 - Shenmue 3

Day 2 - Neon Abyss

Day 3 - Remnant From the Ashes

Day 4 - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Day 5 - Loop Hero

Day 6 - Second Extinction

Day 7 - Mutant Year Zero Road to Eden (leak was true

Day 8 - Vampyr (leak was true)

Day 9 - Pathfinder Kingmaker Enhanced Plus Edition (leak was true)

Day 10 - Prey (leak was true)

Day 11 - Control (leak was true)

Day 12 - Mages of Mystralia (leak was true)

Day 13 - Moving Out (leak was true)

Day 14 - Salt and Sanctuary (?)

Day 15 - Tomb Raider trilogy (?)

And who has time to play so many games 😞

Got Red Dead Redemption 2 - no time to even start it. Same for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Barely got in a few hours in Bannerlord.

And been chipping away at Far Cry 6 for over a month.

GAWD it sucks to be an adult with so many good games to play.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

If you don't have Prey for some reason, now is the time to get it. Fun to play and still today looks good.

“The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

So why bother to learn.”

On 12/25/2021 at 5:36 PM, Paul Rudd said:

December 25 - Something is going on with the amount of space provided to post gifs and pictures. I get this message... "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post. Manage Attachments to free up space." So I went in and deleted a good 5 gifs I had posted a couple years ago to free up space but it still didn't allow me to post any more gifs when I edit them in the next day. So is there a way to bump up that amount of space? It's just 20MB per post right now. It seems to only happen when I edit a post to add more gifs since I was able to put the gifs below in this new thread.

It's 20MB per post, older posts don't affect it. 

If you run into limits either delete images for past days to stay below the limit, make things take less space (think that anyone loading the page will have to load all those way too big things even if they read on mobile) or host them some place else and embed them here.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

If you run into limits either delete images for past days to stay below the limit

That's the thing, I've been doing this for years. But now, it won't let me do what I was able to do before. I've deleted several images from previous posts. Still the same error I mentioned... "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post. Manage Attachments to free up space."

28 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

That's the thing, I've been doing this for years. But now, it won't let me do what I was able to do before. I've deleted several images from previous posts. Still the same error I mentioned... "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post. Manage Attachments to free up space."

Well it just looks like some of the stuff you've been posting lately is simply way bigger. The OP in this thread has a single gif that's a whopping 25MB and shouldn't even have gone through. Don't know where you source these but just look at the sizes.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Well it just looks like some of the stuff you've been posting lately is simply way bigger.

It's not big at all. The Prey gif above is 1.5 MB and the pathfinder gif is 3.8 MB. That's just 5.3 MB.

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

The OP in this thread has a single gif that's a whopping 25MB and shouldn't even have gone through.

Which gif might that be?

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Don't know where you source these but just look at the sizes.

I make sure every size is smaller than 20 MB total, been doing so for years.

If you don't know how to up the limit or fix the error message I'm getting, it's no biggie. Just thought I'd ask about it.

31 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

It's not big at all. The Prey gif above is 1.5 MB and the pathfinder gif is 3.8 MB. That's just 5.3 MB.

The Prey gif is 2.9MB and the pathfinder one is 25MB.

gifs1.png.e98c24404fcde1d2bb2346dcae9cb299.png

You can see that if you go edit your post

gifs2.png.3bf3c22514d079163b8a1168d814941d.png

If the files on your computer are the sizes you say then my guess is that whatever source you're getting them from might now use a different format than actual gif, the forum has to convert them for display and that inflates the size to those you see there. Would also explain being able to go above the limit as it only got too big after posting.

So look at the actual sizes of the files in the thread, not your source ones. Or as mentioned host them somewhere else and embed them.

F@H

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

The Prey gif is 2.9MB and the pathfinder one is 25MB.

So weird, shows as 3.8 MB on my PC.

the forum has to convert them for display and that inflates the size to those you see there.

Makes sense. I think I'll just have to lower the quality of the gifs from now on. Thanks for the input.

So look at the actual sizes of the files in the thread

Got it, next time I post a gif, maybe it'll show how much size of space I have left. Bout to post a free game right now so maybe I'll see the size of the file be different than the size of the file on my PC.

Or as mentioned host them somewhere else and embed them.

I sometimes use https://ezgif.com/ to modify gifs when they're more than 20 MB or when I want to crop out some words from them. I should be able to fix the issue using it, thanks again.

EDIT: Yup. You are right. I just went in to edit the post I just created and sure enough, the file size shows as larger than the actual gif size on my PC. It'll be tough but basically I'll have to judge the quality of a gif before posting it and if it looks really good or lasts a really long time then I'll have to consider editing the gif itself using that editor I mentioned above so that if I need to edit in another gif later I'll have the extra space.