New/Old Gaming PC for Little Brother's Christmas Gift

AdvocateOfNyx

Just wanted to share because I'm really happy with how this turned out.  For Christmas, my family decided we were going to upgrade my little brothers computer this year.  He's using hardware that's pretty old, some old AMD processor that my uncle had laying around and an old GTX 760 that I had in a drawer.  I know it's something (which is better than some people have it, especially right now), but he always complains about lagging in Fortnite and how when he's playing Bloons it gets too laggy for him to freeplay.

Anyways, my parents bought him a case and GPU and I donated CPU, motherboard, and RAM from my system that was upgraded as well as an old power supply.  It's all boxed up and ready for Christmas and honestly even though he is going to have no understanding of what is inside of it I hope he really enjoys it.  Here are the specs:

CPU: i5-4670k OCed to 4.0Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z87E-ITX

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB

GPU: GTX 970 FTW

PSU: EVGA 500w 

Case: Phanteks P300 TG

Considering he doesn't even game at a full 1080p and instead a square monitor (don't worry, that upgrade is probably coming for his birthday this summer), I think this computer can run pretty much anything he's interested in and am very happy with how it turned out.  It's also officially the best-looking PC in the house because that case literally FORCED me to manage the cables semi-well, something that I am certainly not known for.

Anyone got some good, free to play recommendations that will help him stretch the legs out on his new system?  Currently, he only plays Minecraft, ROBLOX, Fortnite, and Bloons but I think part of that is nothing else really runs well enough.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

How old is he?

Warframe

Dota 2

Smite

Path Of Exile

Albion Online

Bless Unleashed

Freestyle 2 Basketball

Also Epic is doing daily free games till new year. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

How old is he?

Warframe

Dota 2

Smite

Path Of Exile

Albion Online

Bless Unleashed

Freestyle 2 Basketball

Also Epic is doing daily free games till new year. 

He's 10, I'm the oldest by a lot lol.  I'll definitely put him on Warframe, I enjoy that game a lot although it doesn't seem his style.  I think he's tried Smite before but no reason not to try it out again.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

Yeah I think Warframe have high chance for him to get hook unless he can't cope with the camera work and get dizzy.

Another one is Spellbreak, a battle royale base on magic.

Kinda like Fornite but w/o building and instead of guns you get gauntlets and shits. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 12/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, xAcid9 said:

Yeah I think Warframe have high chance for him to get hook unless he can't cope with the camera work and get dizzy.

this

not sure if it will test the system, but should help stretch the legs... Star Trek Online its more than just a shooter, with ground and space compbat, big multiplayer events.

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch