Is my PC dead???????

Tallinn

So basically right now my PC just turned off like the power went out or smth and won't turn on anymore.
Can I assume that it's dead?
My mb hasn't been working too well recently some of the usb ports weren't working.
So how big is the chance that only the mb is broken?

14 minutes ago, Tallinn said:

So basically right now my PC just turned off like the power went out or smth and won't turn on anymore.
Can I assume that it's dead?
My mb hasn't been working too well recently some of the usb ports weren't working.
So how big is the chance that only the mb is broken?

If completely nothing happens, even for a split second. Then I would assume that the PSU or mobo is dead

5 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

If completely nothing happens, even for a spit second. Then I would assume that the PSU or mobo is dead

yeah nothing happens, smb on Reddit suggested that I'd unplug everything from the mb and took out the CMOS battery for about 30min so I'm doing that rn.

It's either your motherboard or PSU, or in some rare cases the case. Do this test to see which one. If the fan spins it's the motherboard, if not the psu. It's from Corsair but also applies to other PSU's.

Before replacing anything I would also recommend making sure all cables are connected properly and try to boot with a screwdriver on the pins for the power button.

19 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

It's either your motherboard or PSU, or in some rare cases the case. Do this test to see which one. If the fan spins it's the motherboard, if not the psu. It's from Corsair but also applies to other PSU's.

Before replacing anything I would also recommend making sure all cables are connected properly and try to boot with a screwdriver on the pins for the power button.

So I did that test and the PSU fan turned on so it's working right? And that means that I need a new mb

9 minutes ago, Tallinn said:

So I did that test and the PSU fan turned on so it's working right? And that means that I need a new mb

PSU is most likely fine then. Pretty sure it's the motherboard