Thermaltake

Wakou

Cases and coolers:
I am sorry to introduce myself with a rant.. But.... I am going to do just that,

Thermaltake UX200 ARGB CPU AIR COOLER - 120MM
This, on the face of it seems to be a very nice cooler, epecially if you have a glass-sided or fronted case. Unfortunately it does not fit. In any of my four current builds. Including one made by .... TT Thermaltake.  Do your designers not speak to one another? Do you not use MS Teams or Zoom?
My (very nice) case is a TT Divider 300TG. (This is not an iTX or mATX case, is is a very large mid-tower) ...
I quote from my after- purchase research..
"Max height of cooler 145mm"  This means than NO decent air-cooler will fit, even though the case is on the large side. Plenty of room for cables behind the back-plane, but no room in front for..... A CPU cooler! So my perfectly adequate Arctic Freezer 34 is in the bin. As is my Raijintech Thermis. And ALL decent air -coolers, Corsair, Cooler-Master, Noctua, etc. even the one made by ThermalTake themselves.

Dimensions of the UX3200:
    127 x 76 x 153.5 mm ( L x W x H)

And from the spec-sheet of my case on TT's website...
"Max height 145mm"
(It is a fairly large case).
This is, IMHO stupidity. One of the most important dims for a case is what fits in it. This is not a small case. And it is not "budget" or "bottom end"  And this is the same mfr. !
I can't return the case, nor can I return the coolers. And now, I can't keep my Xmas promises. FMAL!

7 minutes ago, Wakou said:

This is, IMHO stupidity. One of the most important dims for a case is what fits in it. This is not a small case. And it is not "budget" or "bottom end"  And this is the same mfr. !
I can't return the case, nor can I return the coolers.

As you noted looking at the specifications of your products before buying would have kept you from this problem.

8 minutes ago, Wakou said:

My (very nice) case is a TT Divider 300TG.

That is a case that was designed with AIOs and water cooling in mind. Good luck finding a 360mm or small AIO that won't fit in that case.

And ALL decent air -coolers, Corsair, Cooler-Master, Noctua, etc. even the one made by ThermalTake themselves.

There are many really good air coolers that will fit from most of those brands. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I have to disagree! @IkeaGnome This is a big(ish)  mid-tower and is not at the budget end of the market. To have to drill-down in to the small-print, only to find that their own products do not fit is, to say the least, slightly annoying.
And the retailers or manufacturers might have stated that:
"No mainstream coolers will fit in this large case."

I have to disagree! @IkeaGnome This is a big(ish)  mid-tower and is not at the budget end of the market. To have to drill-down in to the small-print, only to find that their own products do not fit is, to say the least, slightly annoying.

The specs are hardly fine print. 

Halfway down the page is also not fine print. It's in their marketing materials on the main page for that case. Every picture with an assembled system uses an AIO.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a86d5ab565e9e9a5004700880a3f30c1.png

That's like saying "How dare Ford make rims that don't fit a F550!". "How dare 'xx phone manufacturer' change cables. My old cables don't work with my new phone." 

There's different products for different markets. They are very open about that case only fitting a 145 mm cooler.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Or
"This is a case made for AIO's and water-cooling, and no mainstream air-cooler will fit, even our own".

Thank you for replying to my rant, But surely, it is quite mad to sell products which do not fit? I thought that buying a "nice"  and quite large case, I could expect " things to fit" at least, with a bit of knowledge, or jiggling.?

But no!
Surely case-sellers should advertise "This is a fat case and will happily contain any and all maiinstream CPU coolers, including  those made by Arctic, Corsair, Noctua, Raijinstech, (etc).

Or "This is a huge metal box, of very good quality, but no decent kit will fit in it."

Are there any decent cases that will take a "tower-cooler"? (150/160mm) Or am I stupid?
I can't afford to buy another case. I could hardly afford this one.

2 hours ago, Wakou said:

Thank you for replying to my rant, But surely, it is quite mad to sell products which do not fit? I thought that buying a "nice"  and quite large case, I could expect " things to fit" at least, with a bit of knowledge, or jiggling.?

But no!
Surely case-sellers should advertise "This is a fat case and will happily contain any and all maiinstream CPU coolers, including  those made by Arctic, Corsair, Noctua, Raijinstech, (etc).

Or "This is a huge metal box, of very good quality, but no decent kit will fit in it."

So by your logic, because Thermaltake makes 360mm liquid coolers, they should never make any mATX or ITX cases because 360mm coolers won't fit in them? They're required to have all of their products be compatible with each other, even ones designed for totally different purposes?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Wakou said:

:

Aio's are very mainstream. As are low profile coolers such as noctua l9, thermalright axp90, I'd cooling is50x etc... 

46 minutes ago, Wakou said:

But no!

What about Intel using the same socket for ages, but has CPUs that won't work on that same socket that use the same socket.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Not every cooler is going to fit every case, that's just how it is regardless of who made either.

It's up to the buyer to check and see by the specs if a cooler will or will not fit.
I did see where you said you checked but this expectation of "If they made it, the cooler should fit" isn't correct. If you really didn't bother to check it out and assumed it would before buying that's on you.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

What on earth am I reading?

Why would you think that just because 2 products are made by the same company, they'd work together? That's not at all how products work.

You actually don't have a very large case. It's a mid tower, it's average sized. If it was a large case, you'd have room for a larger cooler.

After purchase research? You do know you're supposed to research what you buy before you purchase it right? Especially for something you can't return.

So, basically, you're upset that you bought some things that don't work together, because you were too lazy to go look up the compatibility part of the web page. You just looked at it and said "hmm, same manufacturer, must work." Which is the completely wrong way to do anything.

Pro life tip: Frank Products makes bleach. They also make ammonia. These two things cannot be used together.

1 hour ago, Wakou said:

And the retailers or manufacturers might have stated that:

It is, though. $100 is far closer to the budget end then the high end.

So you think you shouldn't have to look at what's compatible before you purchase something? That's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Wakou said:

Or
"This is a case made for AIO's and water-cooling, and no mainstream air-cooler will fit, even our own".

It works with air coolers. Why would you say it doesn't? Not sure you know how marketing works.

59 minutes ago, Wakou said:

But no!

Not at all. They make products for several different uses. The case isn't even that large, it's a mid tower.

The specifications are there for your reading. They tell you what will fit, and what won't. Why would you assume that you can "jiggle" something into fitting?

There are many, many decent kits that will fit in this. Just none that you seem to want (liquid cooling). That's a you problem, not a product problem.

42 minutes ago, Wakou said:

Are there any decent cases that will take a "tower-cooler"? (150/160mm) Or am I stupid?
I can't afford to buy another case. I could hardly afford this one.

I'd suggest you do far more research with your next purchase if you're having trouble affording it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Thank you all! But surely there should be a warning.. "This case is quite big, but cannot accept ANY decent cooler, even those that we make ourselves..This case is ONLY for water-cooling?
I have Arctic Freezer, and Railjintech ... And have tirelessly researched Corsair, Noctua etc.

This is a quite big case... I could buy a 92mm cooler.. But FMAL!

6 minutes ago, Wakou said:

Thank you all! But surely there should be a warning

It's called the spec sheet.....you're blaming ThermalTake for something that is entirely your fault.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

9 minutes ago, Wakou said:

Thank you all! But surely there should be a warning.. "This case is quite big, but cannot accept ANY decent cooler, even those that we make ourselves..This case is ONLY for water-cooling?
I have Arctic Freezer, and Railjintech ... And have tirelessly researched Corsair, Noctua etc.

This is a quite big case... I could buy a 92mm cooler.. But FMAL!

No.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Imagine average Joe, buying a toy for his child for Christmas.. "But you did not check the precise milimetres! Its all your fault!"
"But I looked at dba and cfm and W/cm3 and fittings of AM4 and Intel and I FORGOT to check that manufacturers like to flog stuff" ...

Show me a case in real life that takes any of those coolers.
Any other industry, it woiuld be simply unacceptable. Or illegal.

1 minute ago, Wakou said:

Show me a case in real life that takes any of those coolers

Funny; my case, A ThermalTake Core v21. hell it has the largest traditional air cooler in it right now, the Noctua NH-D15 with PLENTY of room to spare

6 minutes ago, Wakou said:

Imagine average Joe, buying a toy for his child for Christmas.. "But you did not check the precise milimetres! Its all your fault!"

Sorry, but when you are provided with the VERY CLEAR dimensions of any product, and purchasing it hinges on these dimensions, and it doesn't fit,then it IS you fault if you don't read it.

If i bought an Xbox Series X and it doesn't fit in my entertainment unit, that's not Microsoft's fault.

A few people have already bought up good points that you seem to have refused to acknowledge:

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

So by your logic, because Thermaltake makes 360mm liquid coolers, they should never make any mATX or ITX cases because 360mm coolers won't fit in them?

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

That's like saying "How dare Ford make rims that don't fit a F550!"

To add onto this, Silverstone make power supplies and cases, some of their power supplies will not fit in some of their cases, so it's up to YOU to check to make sure that what you're buying is going to be compatible, not just running under the assumption that "same manufacturer = 100% compatibility always forever"

Use this to learn the lesson of "research, research, research, before you buy"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

23 minutes ago, Wakou said:

Indeed, it is Joe's fault. Joe is an adult, and so are you. It's not the child doing the purchasing. If you're buying a technology product, it's your duty to do your research. If Joe doesn't want to bother, he can buy Joe Jr. a console. 

23 minutes ago, Wakou said:

No amount of laws can protect foolish people from themselves.

It is not possible for Thermaltake to list every cooler ever made and say whether or not each one is compatible. They provided the maximum cooler height, very clearly. All reputable CPU cooler manufacturers provide the height of their products. You had all of the information you needed to avoid running into this problem. You overlooked it. Now I'm sure that makes you feel silly, and I sympathize with your plight. What I can't understand is why you feel the need to make yourself look sillier by doubling and tripling down like this publicly. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Of course there are cases that can accomodate an ordinary cooler. But surely cases which do not should say so?. I used to run my PC literally in a cardboard box under my desk. For years!. It was fine. But surely if a company is selling "up-market"  cases  they sould be up-front about the possibilty that a cooler with a 120mm fan won't fit?

30 minutes ago, Wakou said:

"But I looked at dba and cfm and W/cm3 and fittings of AM4 and Intel and I FORGOT to check that manufacturers like to flog stuff" ...

Show me a case in real life that takes any of those coolers.

It happens all the time. It's called not checking to see if the toy comes with batteries or not. You know what it's definitely not? Illegal.

You're not getting out of this. You're in the wrong, and you just have to suck it up and accept that.

If you can't handle building a PC, you should be buying a prebuilt.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Wakou said:

Of course there are cases that can accomodate an ordinary cooler. But surely cases which do not should say so?.

They did say so. Right here. Do you need them to make the text blink like an old GeoCities site, maybe? 

Capture.JPG

Thank you all. I need more money and fewer beer.

Wakou emerges from his hiding-place..
But! But! I am an IDIOT!...
Surely, sellers of coolers should clearly state:
"ATTENTION IDIOTS!
This cooler runs silently and has the capacity to cool 1Kg of molten aluminium to ambient temps within 30s. It could blow a 44 tonne truck off of a bridge from a distance of 1 KM.
But it will not fit in 90% of PC cases, so, please don't buy it!"
OTOH, The Arctic Freezer 34 eSports (cough cough, purchased off of Facebook Marketplace from a neighbour for £6.00) has a very good PWM fan included. And the Raijintech also has a nice fan, I'm sure that I will find a use for them...And the PC that I am building for my elderly father is not going to be used for 4K shooting games. And I have a "stock" AMD cooler, which will I am sure, be quite adequate (he is slightly deaf!.).
(Wakou eyes up his recently purchased ASUS GTX 1070, with its ever-so-slightly annoying little blower fan, and wonders "What if I dremel the F out of that shroud and zip-tie some decent fans on to it?)
You can all expect some stupid questions in other areas of this forum, in the near future!
Thanks again! xxx