im smarter than geek squad and some computer stores

TheOddOne

It's actually quite annoying, I took a laptop in for repair to get the bios re-installed/re-set and I spent about half an hour trying to explain to them what I wanted -_-

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Many of my family members and friends ask me to go to the brick and mortar stores for computers since I know more than anyone there. I once asked someone at a best buy a question about the screen resolutions of a couple laptos a few years ago, just to see what whould happen. He had to Google the answer. Didn't even know how to check the res within windows.

Kids your guy's age are going to grow up knowing more about computers then anyone.. it's going to get better with every generation.

The digital native stuff is nonsense. Most young people know sweet fa about computers.

Ask a class full of teenagers the effect of + or - on a google search and you'll get blank stares. Ask them the difference between dynamic and static ram and they will think you're talking gobbledegook. 

Most young people's knowledge about computers is limited to how to post something on facebook or instagram or type a word document; my parent learnt that level of basic knowledge in the early 90s shortly after I installed mosaic on their first PC.

The digital native stuff is nonsense. Most young people know sweet fa about computers.

Ask a class full of teenagers the effect of + or - on a google search and you'll get blank stares. Ask them the difference between dynamic and static ram and they will think you're talking gobbledegook. 

Most young people's knowledge about computers is limited to how to post something on facebook or instagram or type a word document; my parent learnt that level of basic knowledge in the early 90s shortly after I installed mosaic on their first PC.

Umm... Is it bad if I don't know the difference between dynamic and static RAM? But I think all of us know at least what RAM is...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I worked for Best Buy as a computer guy and let me tell you, Geek Squad sucks. They hire anybody - there's only a select few there that even know what Linux is. BBY just wants you to sell stuff and they track how much you sell. If you don't sell enough they can fire you. It's as bad as Apple Retail stores except at lower pay. Don't do it bud.

That is just disgusting. 

What if i told you... knowing how to build a computer and what each component does and how it works doesn't make you smart.

Comparing yourself to another group of people to show off how smart you are is pointless. Think of it this way: You go to a "special" kids class and brag about how you're the smartest kid there. Still doesn't change the fact that you're retarded. (DISCLAIMER: This is for illustration purposes only, I don't mean to offend anyone).

And besides, who cares? None of us would dare let those monkeys tell us what to do, I'm 100% sure all of us consider that beneath us.

EDIT: I totally scrolled by this thread at first, but the prepotency of the title made me scroll back and write this comment.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

*le GeekSquad interview for job*

Them: Turn that computer on.

You: *Click*

Them: You're hired.

You:

3263454_impliedfacepalm.jpg

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Geek squad is so stupid they let my two friends steal their mouse pad

Im actually not kidding. My two friends walked in and faked a problem with their phone meanwhile it worked fine, they removed the battery before they went in the store. Then when they walked up they said "Its not turning on please help me I need to text my grandma" 

The guys there as far as I know had no idea what was wrong with it, and claimed the phone died. While my one friend was distracting the guys my other friend took their mouse pad.

Im not sure if it was geek squad, it might have been some tech support shop or store down the street...

Working retail is not only about knowing a tech answer.

1. You need to convince the customer in to pay for the service (repair).

2. You can't do it for free or you won't get paid or lose your job (eventually).

3. You can't get mad/yell at the customer no matter how bad a customer they are or see 2.

4. You have to be able to handle/deal with the person as much as the computer/tech.

5. If you were so good at tech what would you be doing working in retail in the first place?

6. If they are really good they will be poached by a better, higher paying store, or tech place.

So, just like if you go to a bad restaurant and experience a good waiter, eventually they will be gone but they will be working at a better restaurant making more money.

Just a fact of life, get used to it. Sure you get lucky sometimes but eventually that person that's good at their task/job will be at some other place if the place is actually crappy. Sorry Best Buy people, but Best Buy is not the tech knowledge center of the world (you know that).

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.