Weird smell coming from PC but no noticeable marks on any parts

RikuX

This first happened yesterday, when my two monitors randomly went black and my programs crashed (assuming this since I stopped hearing sound) so I had to restart my pc but there was no smell at this time. Then this happened another two times and the third time, I started smelling something weird and my GPU fan started ramping up really loudly (this hasn't happened since then). I've checked temps while playing or benchmarking but they've been normal the whole time. Another thing to note is that when I do start playing a heavy load game or benchmark, the smell starts getting stronger. I'm not exactly sure where the smell is coming from but I think it's around where my GPU is. I cleaned most of the dust out of my pc hoping that would solve the issue but the smell still persists. Another thing is my 2nd monitor started displaying artifacts whenever I plug it in, which is fixed after waiting a few minutes but I'm really confused as to why this is happening too. I thought something was wrong with the monitor but I tested it with my switch and it displayed perfectly fine. I usually leave my pc on for long periods of time but this has never happened before. Please help!

Here are my specs in case it's needed:

Motherboard: ASUS B550 TUF-Gaming Plus
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: Gigabyte Eagle RTX 3080 Ti
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (3600 MHz)
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850W Platinum

Sounds like your GPU is dying, something might be overheating and melting the plastic on the inside of your GPU fan shroud, this could be the cause of the smell. If you are somewhat tech savy you could remove the cooler from the GPU board and check yourself, if not I would RMA the card, let them figure it out, describe the issue to the smallest detail and be done with it. 

Well the thing is, I swapped my GPU with my old 2070, which I know still works, and the smell was still occurring so I'm not sure if it's actually the GPU. I would've wanted tested my 3080 Ti with a different setup to be sure but I wasn't able to