Can you make a free Pulseway account?

nategames64

I'm trying to make a pulseway account to monitor my pc but when I try to create an account it tells me that I have to put in a work email. I have know idea what I should do.

I meant when I put in my email it says put in a valid work email

6 minutes ago, nategames64 said:

I meant when I put in my email it says put in a valid work email

Did you put in a valid email?

EDIT: Looks like they block gmail and outlook. But you can use pretty much anything else. Odd that they don't consider Gmail or Outlook to be valid business emails. What the home business owner doesn't need Pulseway's services?

3 minutes ago, dravennevard said:

Yeah I wanted to use it like in the video that was put out today but....

Radical idea, have you tried yahoo mail..... Assuming they still offer it.

10 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Did you put in a valid email?

EDIT: Looks like they block gmail and outlook. But you can use pretty much anything else. Odd that they don't consider Gmail or Outlook to be valid business emails. What the home business owner doesn't need Pulseway's services?

I tried with a yahoo email too and that did not work ether

2 minutes ago, dravennevard said:

Yeah I wanted to use it like in the video that was put out today but....

What was the video again? The old Computer / NAS thing? If so, depending on level of access required and least amount of mucking about, you can try the following.

1) TeamViewer - Free and just works. Allows for remote connections via LAN and over WAN (from outside your network). Has a service that competes with Pulseway's solutions.

or

2) Use RDP (Remote Desktop Connection). It is built into Windows and is easy to setup to allow for connections over the LAN. Setting up remote connections via WAN however is a lot more trouble to do right.

it's been a while since I made mine, but I have a free account and I only have gmail and outlook, so I'd assume the site might be having troubles. Maybe try a different browser or clear cache/cookies

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 minute ago, nategames64 said:

I tried with a yahoo email too and that did not work ether

Yeah they are filtering for the big "freebie" email providers, Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, wouldn't be surprised if AOL was on there. But I was able to put in fake emails like nsfw, penis, beer, wouldnt take A2M but liked ATM, so... yeah they are just being racist (jokes).

1 minute ago, Bad5ector said:

What was the video again? The old Computer / NAS thing? If so, depending on level of access required and least amount of mucking about, you can try the following.

1) TeamViewer - Free and just works. Allows for remote connections via LAN and over WAN (from outside your network). Has a service that competes with Pulseway's solutions.

or

2) Use RDP (Remote Desktop Connection). It is built into Windows and is easy to setup to allow for connections over the LAN. Setting up remote connections via WAN however is a lot more trouble to do right.

Teamviewer keeps telling me that I am using the account for business and need to buy a license and I can't get RDP over WAN to work. I was really hoping this would work but I guess the guys that put together the video didn't get all the research right

2 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

it's been a while since I made mine, but I have a free account and I only have gmail and outlook, so I'd assume the site might be having troubles. Maybe try a different browser or clear cache/cookies

Unless it's happening to me too, looks like they updated their screening process. At least the site I was on. Heck, they wouldn't even entertain the idea of providing the trial without at least 25 computers that needed to be managed. 

Perhaps there is a different link for the free service, cause what we are seeing is clearly a sales tactic to offer "free trials" to big tech companies, so they can get their feet in the door.

1 minute ago, dravennevard said:

Teamviewer keeps telling me that I am using the account for business and need to buy a license and I can't get RDP over WAN to work. I was really hoping this would work but I guess the guys that put together the video didn't get all the research right

Then try Parsec. Not as robust as Teamviewer, in terms of system management. But in terms of ease of use, 10/10. Plus you can stream your games over the internet to boot.

42 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Unless it's happening to me too, looks like they updated their screening process. At least the site I was on. Heck, they wouldn't even entertain the idea of providing the trial without at least 25 computers that needed to be managed. 

Perhaps there is a different link for the free service, cause what we are seeing is clearly a sales tactic to offer "free trials" to big tech companies, so they can get their feet in the door.

That has to be a wrong link or bad site or something. There's no way they'd block outlook when a TON of large corporations use it for their emails

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

38 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

So you went and checked for yourself?

Pulseway RMM Software | Remote Monitoring and Management

I'm at work, can't check now. I'm just saying they'd be out of their minds to pretend businesses don't use outlook, so I have my doubts on that. And again could be a temporary website error. If they really are blocking outlook for not being a business email, then prepare for their funeral, cuz that would be a new level of moronic

10 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

If they really are blocking outlook for not being a business email, then prepare for their funeral, cuz that would be a new level of moronic

image.png.09264f6ed376450846b08bc3942359af.png

image.png.53826bc0936f1f626cd2bd000612110b.png

image.png.7695d59861c3c42072e14f234709aadb.png

image.png.3eb0450fe927f3bf8b501a22401b2882.png

They clearly have issues now with Outlook.com, even if they didn't before, they do now. Which is weird, as you can see from my tests, their vetting process isn't as strict as they think it is.

image.png

10 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

image.png.53826bc0936f1f626cd2bd000612110b.png

dare you to create and use that email XD

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,

Since Pulseway ended their free program, what alternative do you use ?

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2024 at 4:46 PM, Space192 said:

Hey guys,

Since Pulseway ended their free program, what alternative do you use ?

not sure, still looking 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx