Laptop slow after new ssd

Novais

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a new ssd on my old laptop to switch the slow hdd. After I did that the laptop seems to be slower. Not slow in the traditional way but it works for 1 second and stops for 0.5 seconds and I can't figure out why.

The os is windows 10 home 64 bit. The laptop is an acer aspire es 15 (es1-520-59kx https://snlookup.com/acer-aspire-es1-520-notebook-nx-g2jeb-014-p38131#tab6).

Not sure what other info I need to share.

Thank you for your time.

6 minutes ago, Novais said:

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a new ssd on my old laptop to switch the slow hdd. After I did that the laptop seems to be slower. Not slow in the traditional way but it works for 1 second and stops for 0.5 seconds and I can't figure out why.

The os is windows 10 home 64 bit. The laptop is an acer aspire es 15 (es1-520-59kx https://snlookup.com/acer-aspire-es1-520-notebook-nx-g2jeb-014-p38131#tab6).

Not sure what other info I need to share.

Thank you for your time.

Stoopid thought, but could an SSD be too fast for the rest of the system?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

4 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Stoopid thought, but could an SSD be too fast for the rest of the system?

I thought of that, but I don't know how to be sure of that since I've never heard of it

2 minutes ago, Novais said:

I thought of that, but I don't know how to be sure of that since I've never heard of it

Nor me, that's why I offered myself as an easy target in case it is (stoopid).

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

I think you might have a broken SSD. Maybe check the SSD on another system. Cause i dont think your System is too slow for the SSD. 

I have a Laptop with an Intel Celeron N2940 4 cores 1,83GHz (2,25GHz boost) and even that thing is good enough with an SSD for browsing and watching Vids/stream

But before that. If you can get into Windows do this:

If you reinstalled windows then do ALL updates. Let them install. After this restart the PC and check again for updates until you are all done. After that check with Task Manager too see whats using all the SSD

Ahh...

To add to what @MustafiArabimentioned, check to see if the machine has any BIOS/firmware updates that add (better?) functionality for SSD's.

WHY NOT...?!

8 minutes ago, MustafiArabi said:

I think you might have a broken SSD. Maybe check the SSD on another system. Cause i dont think your System is too slow for the SSD. 

I have a Laptop with an Intel Celeron N2940 4 cores 1,83GHz (2,25GHz boost) and even that thing is good enough with an SSD for browsing and watching Vids/stream

But before that. If you can get into Windows do this:

If you reinstalled windows then do ALL updates. Let them install. After this restart the PC and check again for updates until you are all done. After that check with Task Manager too see whats using all the SSD

I think I already did that but I'll do it again tomorrow on the updates I did all of them except the lastest 21h2 because it keeps failing and I don't know why

13 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Ahh...

To add to what @MustafiArabimentioned, check to see if the machine has any BIOS/firmware updates that add (better?) functionality for SSD's.

Well i'm not too sure how to do that, I installed some drivers on the windows update but I don't know how to update BIOS/firmware

Just now, Novais said:

Well i'm not too sure how to do that, I installed some drivers on the windows update but I don't know how to update BIOS/firmware

Usually from the maker's website, under Support.

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Usually from the maker's website, under Support.

Do I only try to update the BIOS/firmware? Because there is a drivers folder but I'm not sure if it's not the same drivers I installed in the windows update

4 minutes ago, Novais said:

Do I only try to update the BIOS/firmware? Because there is a drivers folder but I'm not sure if it's not the same drivers I installed in the windows update

Unless you're using the machine in question, is there a way to check the BIOS version to compare it to the newest, non-Beta, BIOS on offer on the support site?

There may even be a utility available on the support site that allows for the machine to update itself.  It would most likely have been installed from the factory, when new.

Apologies if this process is more strung out than it could be... I've not had daily driver access to a laptop for the best part of 10 years, but most of the process is still the same.

Edited by Eighjan

WHY NOT...?!