5000D Airflow Top/Side Mout AIO

mark_smith85

Hi All 

Wanted some advice on AIO positioning. I have a 5000D Airflow 5900X, Asus 3080TI OC recently bought Asus Ryujin 2 360 AIO and top mounted it. I have 3 front, side mounted Phantex T30 fans with an extra at the back.

What do people recommend leaving the AIO top mounted or switch the 3 side mounted fans and mount the AIO on the side (would be tubes top due to length but not really an issue)?

Added a pic of current setup if that helps.

Thanks.

20211214_082054.jpg

I run the same airflow configuration in my 5000D Airflow and I haven't felt a need to change it. Mounting the radiator to the side might improve CPU temperatures slightly but will do so at the cost of hurting GPU temperatures slightly since your front fans will blow CPU-warmed air on your GPU (though I say slightly because the cool intake air from the other three fans should help offset it.)

Basically, it comes down to preference. If you want slightly lower CPU temps at the cost of slightly higher GPU temps, a front or side mount would do that. But given you have six intake fans, I can't imagine the change in temperature will be significant.

Off-topic, what's that display you have mounted at the bottom? I've been thinking about modding a display into that general area and that one looks nice.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

1 hour ago, TheSLSAMG said:

I run the same airflow configuration in my 5000D Airflow and I haven't felt a need to change it. Mounting the radiator to the side might improve CPU temperatures slightly but will do so at the cost of hurting GPU temperatures slightly since your front fans will blow CPU-warmed air on your GPU (though I say slightly because the cool intake air from the other three fans should help offset it.)

Basically, it comes down to preference. If you want slightly lower CPU temps at the cost of slightly higher GPU temps, a front or side mount would do that. But given you have six intake fans, I can't imagine the change in temperature will be significant.

Off-topic, what's that display you have mounted at the bottom? I've been thinking about modding a display into that general area and that one looks nice.

Hi 

Thanks for the reply TBH I am inclined to agree CPU temps are great on setup (so Halo Infinte on Ultra does not break 50c 5900x).

The screen is a Barrowtech FBEHD-01 http://www.barrowint.com/product/gjjfj/BARROWCH_Tools_and_Accessories/1685.html I bought it from AliExpress.

It comes with a really cool bracket to mount to the top of and AIO so I could attach it at the top as well but I just prefer it at the bottom to glance at.

Got some more pics of it on my part picker page https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/CCfH99

I just connect it up with a micro usb to internal usb header (set usb to not to power in S5) and micro hdmi to full hdmi out the back to my gpu.