Which fans are compatible with CORSAIR iCUE Commander Core?

Zagorchev

Hello.
I bought a new aio cooler, which is corsair h100i Elite Capellix (240mm radiator). It came with a commander core, which has 6 ports for fans and their rgb lights. I have used 2 of them for the two fans that come with the radiator.
On the back of my case I have an original Corsair SP 120 RGB LED fan but when I connected it to the commander core it wasn't recognised by iCUE. I tried the older version for legacy devices, it also didn't work. Tried with Corsair Link but again it wasn't recognised. Then, I read that this fan runs a completely different protocol for the RGB and that's why it is not recognised. I want to put a 120 mm fan on the back of the case, which will be recognised by the commander core and will work with the latest version of iCUE. I read that the h100i Elite Capellix fans are ML120 so I guess I need another one like that. I want to buy ML120 PRO RGB LED PWM PREMIUM MAGNETIC LEVITATION FAN. My question is is it going to be recognised by the commander core like the other 2 ML120 from the aio cooler and are the colors going to be 100% the same like these 2 ML120 fans from the h100i radiator?

if they have the same connector-ish.

that they are plugged into the right part and getting power and is not faulty, if due to something was connected wrongly.

ICUE is horrible also because there is 2 versions now. (ICUE 3, ICUE 4) I guess you did try both.

1 for "newer hardware" and one for "older hardware". Maybe they are trying to solve that or not.

Also can be some conflict with multiple RGB software running.

not much better when they do "ICUE verified gaming PC's"... like uuugh. While some of their stuff is fun, corsair is not that fun to deal with in some of these areas.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058142592-iCUE-4-compatibility-list

and below for "not supported" which seems to have been updated?

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058142592-iCUE-4-compatibility-list#h_01F6JW7Y5D2DQNPPJXSMB70BVX

I had a lot off trouble with this while building my own pc. Fuck Corsair!
Anyway, you an connect any type of corsair fan, but all the fanns will be limited to the amount of leds that the worst one has. For example, say the the ml120 fans have 8 argb leds you cann change, annd you get an ll120 fan that has 12 leds. The ll120 fan will be limited to 8 leds that are controllabble, assuming every fann is plugged into a singular commannder core.
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

On 12/13/2021 at 11:58 AM, Quackers101 said:

if they have the same connector-ish.

that they are plugged into the right part and getting power and is not faulty, if due to something was connected wrongly.

The connector is the same. The thing is that the original SP120 RGB fans will work only with Lightning Node Core for the RGB and I don't have it.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:58 AM, Quackers101 said:

Also can be some conflict with multiple RGB software running.

I only used iCUE.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mr-G-Man said:

The ll120 fan will be limited to 8 leds that are controllabble, assuming every fann is plugged into a singular commannder core.

I didn't know this! I was thinking about the LL120 but I guess this will prevent me from buying it. I'm getting the ML120 ML120 PRO RGB LED PWM PREMIUM MAGNETIC. LEVITATION.

Thank you for replying.

i think the safest bet is too just get annither ml120
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)