Alan Wake Remastered...Not using dedicated GPU?

Malicus7862

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this, I just bought Alan Wake Remastered via Epic Games, because from what I have seen that is the only place to get it for PC, and I've noticed it's a bit chuggy and not running very well. I've messed with the settings and whatnot and have got it to the point where it's playable and it still doesn't look terrible, but I've realized after booting up task manager that it's only using my cpu and not my dedicated GPU. Is there possibly a fix for this? I'm thinking it's probably just defaulting to the CPU because maybe the game noticed that the GPU doesn't have enough VRAM? (I am running a GTX 1060 3gb by the way) For now it's playable, but it would be nice for it to be even more playable lol 🙂 Happy gaming!

2 minutes ago, HQuan said:

Hi, new user? Welcome!

Here's how to fix it.

Open search -> device manager -> display adapter -> chose the dedicated GPU on the list. (Work on both windows 7 and 10, not sure with 11)

I am, thank you! It says its working properly and my drivers are up to date, I've booted up some of my other games and they are using the gpu so it seems to be just this one game for some reason