Amazon.ca -- any way to get an email or text when delivered?

crumbworks
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

The App does exactly that. 

I haven’t seen any options to use SMS for that. 

Hey all

I get emails when an amazon.ca order is placed and when it is shipped, but I'm wondering if there is a way to get either an email or an SMS when the status is flipped to 'delivered' (like when they leave it on my front porch etc)

I googled and found such a thing exists for .com but found nothing for .ca (typical... we get a bit screwed up here...)

Anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

Core i5 750 | 8GB DDR3 | R9 270X | Intel 520 SSD | ASUS 24" 1920x1080

Does the app not do that? I get notifications via text as well as through the Amazon app. Though i'm not sure if that's also different with Amazon.ca.

I'm not familiar with Canadian shipping services, but it depends partially on the carrier. For example, even though we do get notifications in the U.S., in general, when it ships via USPS, it doesn't always notify of delivery. The carrier needs to actually provide this info (i.e. scan at delivery) and provide the means to get that info to the retailer (some sort of push API, typically). In other words, it's not all in Amazon's hands.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Thanks. The app will do for now. I was hoping for email (which I forward to my work email) as I rarely have my phone around when I work, but this will do. Cheers.

Core i5 750 | 8GB DDR3 | R9 270X | Intel 520 SSD | ASUS 24" 1920x1080

2 hours ago, crumbworks said:

Thanks. The app will do for now. I was hoping for email (which I forward to my work email) as I rarely have my phone around when I work, but this will do. Cheers.

As others pointed out, the specific courier used may have additional delivery notification options (UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc) - generally with SMS and/or Email. You typically need to track the tracking number on the courier site, and there's usually an option on the tracking page to subscribe to delivery updates.

This isn't a manual process, and also wouldn't apply to the Amazon contracted delivery options.

For me, the App is more convenient anyway since I always have my phone on me.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)