What if I use a laptop vacuum cooler + a cooler pad at the same time on my laptop?

DanWhite

The vacuum cooler is this basically 

Spoiler

617RwsH3JwL.jpg  

and the cooler pad, well, sits under the laptop and blows fresh air into it, i'm sure its pretty known, my question is, using both of these type of devices  at the same time could cause any harm to the laptop  or anything? thank you in advance

Way too many ports taken. That is 2 ports . Most recent laptops would have 2-4 ports 

And there is 1 taken by mouse so at best u got 1 free portb

6 minutes ago, chaotic kronos said:

Way too many ports taken. That is 2 ports . Most recent laptops would have 2-4 ports 

And there is 1 taken by mouse so at best u got 1 free portb

Well, i only use mouse and keyboard so I don't need more than 2 ports

7 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Well, i just use mouse and keyboard so I don't need more than 2 ports

In theory is should be better than any 1 of them alone. But the best comparison I can come up with is that it scales as good as sli scales ⚖😂

29 minutes ago, Caroline said:

In terms of temps probably nothing will happen. The "vacuum cooler" basically tries to force the CPU fan, which is, in my opinion, bad. Running the fan faster won't make much of a difference when your heatsink is thin as a paper sheet.

Also it's not like those things are strong enough to cause any damage to the fan inside, a full size vacuum cleaner could do something but not something like that.

And, the cooling pad will blow air mostly on the outside of the laptop so it doesn't *feels* hot to the touch (a terrible way of measuring temperatures) but only a tiny amount will go through the vents, IF the laptop has any.

Contraptions like those aren't really useful to cool down a laptop. I love how the picture attached shows the cooler sucking hot air in but exhausting fresh air, which doesn't makes any sense, the whole point of computer cooling is to exhaust hot air, not the other way around.

In any case, that's all I had for you today, if you do have any questions or comments about this, please put them below.

I understood that reference! haha I've seen that the vacuum cooler is supposed to reduce like 10 degrees or so,, of those videos are legitimate, thank you

Neither option is really going to be all that great. Cooling pads are generally less of a meme, but they're only really going to be effective if you can literally force air into the laptop and through the heatsink (though they will help with chassis/drive temps more than likely, so they at least have that going for them). Hell, I was able to give my laptop a 5-7C drop just by going from having it flat on a table to having the rear propped up with about 10-15mm of clearance for the fans to breathe.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)