PSU on or off?

Hit2Loose

My power supply is connected to a UPS. I kinda hate reaching out so I could just turn it on. Should I leave the psu on or off?

5 minutes ago, Hit2Loose said:

My power supply is connected to a UPS. I kinda hate reaching out so I could just turn it on. Should I leave the psu on or off?

ATX PSUs are engineered to be left always on.

The switch on the back is just there so you can work on the PC, move it to another room, etc.

35 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

The switch on the back is just there so you can work on the PC, move it to another room, etc.

... and should NEVER be used as a system on/off switch (esp. from Windows); ALWAYS power down a system with Shut Down from Desktop.

Shutting a system down at the end of a day makes little sense, as power-on/power-off cycling stresses PSU components/circuitry more than leaving them on 24/7.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

44 minutes ago, Hit2Loose said:

My power supply is connected to a UPS.

A UPS - Uninterruptible Power Supply - is a safety barrier for unstable/otherwise prone-to-failure mains supply or where a system cannot afford to lose power for critical use reasons (think battery back-up); both it AND the PSU should ideally NEVER be switched off.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!