power cuts

Indian pc builder

ok, so i live in Navi  Mumbai, over here power cuts are rare, but the power going out for 3 or 5 minutes at a time does happen on occasion, along with the large week long power cut once in a blue moon( actually because the power to the city is government maintained, it shuts down for repairs not very often and only when there is a big problem which happens more frequently than you think), so at least for the 3 to 5 minute interruptions, my building, like most other buildings has a backup generator that can cover all the buildings needs, but even though it is brand new and was installed last month, the switchover from mains to generator takes about 12 seconds as the generator takes a sec to start up. during this time period, my iMac, mac mini, monitorx2(2 monitors) and my pc loose power and then have to be restarted. this also happens to my WIFI router, considering that i live in India, can someone help me find a cheap ups i can power all of these off so my computers do not shut down before the generator kicks in?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

not sure about "cheap UPS", you mostly have to look and search for some for the price you are willing to pay for one in that area. unless you know how to build your own 😛 people might be able to recommend some or suggest which is better if you have a few examples.

rick that roll with the lights out.

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

not sure about "cheap UPS", you mostly have to look and search for some for the price you are willing to pay for one in that area. unless you know how to build your own 😛 people might be able to recommend some or suggest which is better if you have a few examples.

rick that roll with the lights out.

cheap means les that 10000rupees (approx 80 dollars)

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also i want a mini one for my wifi router (archer c5400) i am not sure what addapter it has but according to the website of tp link, it is 12v 5a, can someone help me find one ?

-= Topic Cleaned=-

Answer the OP or dont post.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

80USD UPS? Then you'll only get some square-wave UPS, not the SMOOOOOTH sine-wave.

3 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

also i want a mini one for my wifi router (archer c5400) i am not sure what addapter it has but according to the website of tp link, it is 12v 5a, can someone help me find one ?

Nah, you can also plug in the UPS of your computer, most of modern UPS support 12V output...

2 hours ago, HQuan said:

80USD UPS? Then you'll only get some square-wave UPS, not the SMOOOOOTH sine-wave.

Nah, you can also plug in the UPS of your computer, most of modern UPS support 12V output...

I don’t have a ups for my computer 

2 hours ago, HQuan said:

All I need is one that can switch over without my computer turning off, idc abt sine wave

-> Moved to Power Supplies

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

All I need is one that can switch over without my computer turning off, idc abt sine wave

If you only need one that can support a few seconds, you can EASILY get one in your budget.  You don't need online and you don't need pure sine wave.  You can use a line interactive with AVR.

The problem you have to consider is if your load is greater than the UPS's capacity, then the UPS will shut off even if the battery is fully charged.  So you need to know what your total potential power consumption is.

15 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

cheap means les that 10000rupees (approx 80 dollars)

a $80 UPS won't be able to power hundreds of watts of computers. It's not an issue of "the battery would run out too fast" it's an issue of that would draw too much wattage and damage the UPS and possibly your computers

ya, i added up the power consumption of all my pcs, it is over the highest output ups i can get in my price range