Anno 1404 History Edition FREE on UPlay December 6th

Paul Rudd

Anno 1404 History Edition is FREE on UPlay. You have until December 14th to claim it.

anno1401a.jpg.b73dc19a6e7ca84aea711edb77e39feb.jpg

Easily in my top 3 Anno games of all time, PLAY IT!

History Edition includes the following:

• Dawn of Discovery® and its Venice expansion
  • Updated and optimized for modern PCs

• Updated and expanded multiplayer functionality

• Native resolutions up to 4K

• You can continue your existing game thanks to full save compatibility!

• Improved borderless window mode and multi-screen support

• Bonus Anno 1404 soundtrack, wallpaper and a company logo for Anno 1800

Some of you may have snagged Anno 1701 last December, now you have another one...

is history edition the old version of the game or the 'remake'? (in quotes because they havent even fixed the language bugs that have been patched by a community made patch for ages..)

either way.. if you've got a uplay account, this is my favourite 'flavour' of anno.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:56 PM, manikyath said:

is history edition the old version of the game or the 'remake'?

There's 3 editions of Anno 1404, standard, gold and history.

The History Edition is everywhere.

The Gold Edition is on GOG but if you want it on UPlay you have to buy the silver or gold packs for hundreds of dollars that include other Anno games.

The Gold Edition used to be on Steam so one of the only ways to get a Steam key is to buy it from a key shop such as Kinguin. The price is $313 right now but I've seen it as low as $6.65 to $15 or so throughout 2021 but that pricing stopped in early October.

One of the only ways to get the standard version of Anno 1404 is from a key shop such as GAMiVO. Right now it's $57 but I've seen it as low as $41. Another way to get the standard edition is of course the physical copy. Lowest right now is $8.49 on eBay and it looks like it's the UK version(but sold from the US) and used at that. It runs on Windows XP so you might be able to get it to run on Windows 10 running it with that service pack.

4 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

There's 3 editions of Anno 1404, standard, gold and history.

The History Edition is everywhere.

The Gold Edition is on GOG but if you want it on UPlay you have to buy the silver or gold packs for hundreds of dollars that include other Anno games.

The Gold Edition used to be on Steam so one of the only ways to get a Steam key is to buy it from a key shop such as Kinguin. The price is $313 right now but I've seen it as low as $6.65 to $15 or so throughout 2021 but that pricing stopped in early October.

One of the only ways to get the standard version of Anno 1404 is from a key shop such as GAMiVO. Right now it's $57 but I've seen it as low as $41. Another way to get the standard edition is of course the physical copy. Lowest right now is $8.49 on eBay and it looks like it's the UK version(but sold from the US) and used at that. It runs on Windows XP so you might be able to get it to run on Windows 10 running it with that service pack.

there's two 'major' versions of the game: before the remake, and after the remake. excluding 'history edition' both games essentially have the same flavours, and the only real change they made in the 'remake' is that the new one works with new ubishit accounts..

i've no idea what history edition really changes over gold, but as far as i catch it gold is basicly 1404 with the venice expansion. all of the game stuff that history edition supposedly includes has been working fine on my dusty old boxed copy until ubi decided to EOL the legacy stuff.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

the only real change they made in the 'remake' is that the new one works with new ubishit accounts..

So you're saying the Gold Edition is the "remake"?

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

i've no idea what history edition really changes over gold, but as far as i catch it gold is basicly 1404 with the venice expansion.

• Dawn of Discovery® and its Venice expansion
  • Updated and optimized for modern PCs

• Updated and expanded multiplayer functionality

• Native resolutions up to 4K

• You can continue your existing game thanks to full save compatibility!

• Improved borderless window mode and multi-screen support

• Bonus Anno 1404 soundtrack, wallpaper and a company logo for Anno 1800