My GPU is locked at 100% usage and the highest Power State

Dadorsch
Go to solution Solved by KingTdiGGiTTy,
Just now, Pixelfie said:

Sounds like someone is using your PC to mine crypto.

In my experience that wouldn't show in Task Manager as Video Encode.

I think that maybe the Radeon driver might be doing it's screen recording thing and is using the video encoder.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case, Radeon drivers are sketchy, even in 2021

Hi,

My GPU is locked at 100% usage, running in it's highest Powerstate and using 80-90W of Power while idling (according to Radeon Software). Sometimes my GPU is running on the second highest Powerstate and using around 50-60W of Power but it's at like 0-10% usage

In Task Manager the GPU utilization is at 75% but only on the Video Encode Graph.

I'm running the latest AMD GPU Drivers and the latest Windows 10 update. A Virusscan with Malwarebytes also didn't reveal any Malware or something like that.

GPU: AMD Radeon RX590

Solution: The Radeon Software was recording my Desktop. I disabled it and the GPU got back to 300mhz. I had this option on for over a year and it never created a problem. Thank you guys for the fast responses 🙂

Edited by Dadorsch

Anything running in the background? Open task manager and see if there's anything weird. Sounds like someone is using your PC to mine crypto.

Check in the taskmanager startup tab and press windows + r and type shell:startup. Disable/remove everything you don't use

Just now, Pixelfie said:

Sounds like someone is using your PC to mine crypto.

In my experience that wouldn't show in Task Manager as Video Encode.

I think that maybe the Radeon driver might be doing it's screen recording thing and is using the video encoder.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case, Radeon drivers are sketchy, even in 2021