Monitor doesn't wake up after my PC has been sleeping/off for a few hours

The title pretty much sums it up. If I turn my PC off right now and turn it back on right after I have no issues, same goes for sleeping.

But if I turn it off for a few hours and then turn it back on the monitor just says "No signal". To fix this I have to unplug the power from the socket (turning off the PSU doesn't do it, I've tried) and then replug it, which f*cking sucks!

I've gone through all the settings in my monitor but didn't find anything that helped. I also tried changing some power settings on Windows(10) to no avail.

The monitor is connected to my GPU not the motherboard if that matters.

Here's some specs I think might be relevant

Monitor: Acer VG270U PBMIIPX

GPU: Asus Strix 970

Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 aorus elite

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Edit: I'm using Display Port, haven't tried HDMI

First thing I'd have you do, is next time that happens to you. DON'T unplug your PSU but, unplug your DisplayPort Cable from the monitor (or the video card, whichever is easier) then plug it back in.

If that does nothing (same result), I would say you might have a failing PSU and would probably be the first thing I would try replacing during my troubleshooting journey.

Hey - Man that sucks!

It's a bit hard to tell but I'd suggest you check your motherboard. A google search shows a ton of people with your motherboard having problems with their PC "fake-booting", aka everything lights up and spins to life but there's no output anywhere. I think this might be what you're experiencing. You should try with another motherboard, but I definitely feel you if you don't. I don't have a spare and I don't know anybody who does 😛 . What you could try to do is to go and have a chat with the vendor you bought your motherboard from and see if it's still covered under warranty.

Hope you manage to find a way to solve it!

4 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

First thing I'd have you do, is next time that happens to you. DON'T unplug your PSU but, unplug your DisplayPort Cable from the monitor (or the video card, whichever is easier) then plug it back in.

If that does nothing (same result), I would say you might have a failing PSU and would probably be the first thing I would try replacing during my troubleshooting journey.

I did do that, unpluging the PSU was my last resource

Well then, I guess it's on to my next suggestion then. Sounds like some power supply wonkiness. 

Sigh I'll see if any of my friends can lend me a PSU for a while, I really don't feel like buying new parts lol.

Thanks!