Laptop charger cable broken

Hi,

So today I accidentally tripped on my laptop charger and it completely broke of the cable from where the cable starts on the brick. I did cut the cable relief and have exposed enough wire but the thing is that that those cables are bit too tough to be twisted toghether with the amount the space  and I don't have a solidering iron. How should I connect those broken cables toghether? Thanks in advance

IMG_20211115_202929.jpg

Can you split the charger brick plastic housing? Sometimes there's extra strain relief wire inside you might be able to use. Regardless, if you decide to fix I'd recommend soldering over some sort of twist connector. 

Ultimately, it might just be best to replace the charger.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

13 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Can you split the charger brick plastic housing? Sometimes there's extra strain relief wire inside you might be able to use. Regardless, if you decide to fix I'd recommend soldering over some sort of twist connector. 

Ultimately, it might just be best to replace the charger.

I fixed the issue myself by cutting the strain relief even more from outside and exposing even more wire. Then I used thinner guage copper wire and connected the broken cables toghether by wrapping them in some soldering wire and then finally used a cigarette lighter to melt the solder and then I used heat shrink on the repaired end and that was a success, The charger works perfectly now and the laptop charges perfectly just like before.

I am refraining to buy a new charger because almost every one I could find were low quality knockoffs that had really bad reviews.

IMG_20211204_124625.jpg