1750 modeling, animation, photoshop, premiere pro and 3d printing build

pnybor

Budget (including currency): I have 2,000 USD, but am trying to find a sweet spot between 1500-2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Autodesk Maya, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, 3d printing, steam gaming (tomb raider mostly), photography.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/grobert93/saved/#view=4YYpBm

Here's what I came up with.

I wanted to get a nice build for the remainder of my degree at college. I'm a film and animation major, with multiple classes concerning Maya, photoshop, premiere and after effects, along with my hobby of 3d modeling and printing. I found a deal on a 3060ti and was able to get a budget of 1750.

Any thoughts or suggestions to improve my build? I really want this to last until I graduate in two years, if not longer. The biggest struggles for me was the motherboard, nvme and case. I felt the motherboard had the most of my desired features (dual 4.0 lanes) without being too overkill. I want my case's priority to be airflow, looks are last priority. I had a 4000D before and loved it, but wanted to use the AIO instead of my previous air cooler from Noctua.

I already have keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.

Consider an i9-12900K build. Benchmarks are generally showing significantly better performance than the 5900x in the listed applications.

I suggest a Pure Base 500DX case. Excellent airflow and comes with 3 stock fans. A total of six fans would be available with the AIO installed. More than enough to establish excellent airflow.

I'd suggest a different storage solution. A single 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive will offer much better storage performance.

The Arctic is a very good choice for those that prefer an AIO. You may need to order an lga1700 mounting kit to use it with a z690 motherboard. Available free of charge from the manufacturer.

A 750W psu is more than enough capacity for the build.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($618.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $115.67) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($124.97 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($319.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1669.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-03 12:02 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.