video on audio cd?

stefanmz
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

You can put all sorts of files on a CD. It's up to the CD player to interpret the files and what to do with them. 

For example, many automobile CD players can read mp3 files just fine. Since that's a compressible file type you can normally fit ~100 songs on each disk. 

Hey,so if I want to make my own audio cd proper one with CDFS and everything that plays like you bought one form the store,can I also put bonus features like videos of the song bts(behind the scenes) or is it just audio?

4 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

everything that plays like you bought one form the store

It will never play like the one you bought from a store. Im not an expert on this however as far as I know, unless its a CD Video disk or DVD, most players will not know that its video, as the metadata for the disk type is burned on the disc from factor. Could be completely wrong though. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

9 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

It will never play like the one you bought from a store. Im not an expert on this however as far as I know, unless its a CD Video disk or DVD, most players will not know that its video, as the metadata for the disk type is burned on the disc from factor. Could be completely wrong though. 

So if I insert a dvd but tell exact audio copy to create an audio cd from it won't it be like the ones you buy? With the CDFS and everything? And also will I be able to put video then if it's a dvd?

You can have a compact disc with an audio part at the start and a data part at the end... the data part will show up as the last audio track and basically play like "white noise"

They used to do such discs, where bands would put a couple of video clips as bonuses on a data track at the end, and maybe some pictures.

18 hours ago, stefanmz said:

Hey,so if I want to make my own audio cd proper one with CDFS and everything that plays like you bought one form the store,can I also put bonus features like videos of the song bts(behind the scenes) or is it just audio?

I know for sure that software like Nero burning rom can make hybrid CDs. I used it 20+ years ago to do so. Also I remember back in time that Iron Maiden albums had multimedia portion on the CD so when you would insert the CD in the computer you could play some videos on it. 

Ok so then are they stable? I heard they didn't work on some cd players and that they might fail or something(I am guessing that means the data transfer to them will fail?) Because I have to get the burning process succeed the first time because it's a special cd and I don't want to ruin it. Also will it be compatible with any cd player and will it be stable?

46 minutes ago, Niksa said:

I know for sure that software like Nero burning rom can make hybrid CDs. I used it 20+ years ago to do so. Also I remember back in time that Iron Maiden albums had multimedia portion on the CD so when you would insert the CD in the computer you could play some videos on it. 

18 hours ago, mariushm said:

You can have a compact disc with an audio part at the start and a data part at the end... the data part will show up as the last audio track and basically play like "white noise"

They used to do such discs, where bands would put a couple of video clips as bonuses on a data track at the end, and maybe some pictures.

You can put all sorts of files on a CD. It's up to the CD player to interpret the files and what to do with them. 

For example, many automobile CD players can read mp3 files just fine. Since that's a compressible file type you can normally fit ~100 songs on each disk. 

On 12/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, ShearMe said:

Sure,thanks!