Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTA V keeps crashing

ProGamin07
 Share

I have my pc build which has a ryzen 7 5800x and an gtx 1650 super, I have recently experienced crashes in GTA V without error messages and then it was happening in multiple games after a few troubleshooting attempts I decided to reset my pc. I had to re-install windows 10 using the flash drive because it wouldn't let me do it from settings after running into a few issues I set up windows and downloaded Nvidia drivers, then when I downloaded GTA V still crashes this time even quicker and I honestly don't know what to do?

System specs:

Ryzen 7 5800x

Asus Tuf GTX 1650 super

Gigabyte b450m ds3h

16gb DDR4 corsair vengeance 3000mhz cl15

240gb Kingston sata ssd

1tb hdd western digital pulled off a dell optiplex

Cougar stx700 (700 watt power supply) with a sticker that says up to 80% efficiency

Lian Li Lancool 2 mesh RGB

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do other games crash? Does the game freeze, close to desktop, or restart your machine?

 

Do you have the latest windows updates as well as the latest game patches installed?

PSU Tier List      AMD Motherboard Tier List      SSD Tier List

If I helped you out, please leave a thumbs up. It's appreciated.

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Do other games crash? Does the game freeze, close to desktop, or restart your machine?

 

Do you have the latest windows updates as well as the latest game patches installed?

Other Games do crash, I get Bsod after a few crashes, I did have the latest update of windows. btw this is all before the reset I don't have enough data after the reset (bec I just downloaded GTA V and had a few crashes (no bsod yet) but symptoms are pretty much the same. It took quite a while for GTA V to download even on a 100mbps connection. What do you suggest I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know enough about GTA to say anything about this (I'm not that much of a violent games guy) but I assume it's RAM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ProGamin07 said:

Other Games do crash, I get Bsod after a few crashes, I did have the latest update of windows. btw this is all before the reset I don't have enough data after the reset (bec I just downloaded GTA V and had a few crashes (no bsod yet) but symptoms are pretty much the same. It took quite a while for GTA V to download even on a 100mbps connection. What do you suggest I do?

What are your system temps?

Install a monitoring tool such as hwmonitor to check.

 

How is the system outside of gaming? Stable?

PSU Tier List      AMD Motherboard Tier List      SSD Tier List

If I helped you out, please leave a thumbs up. It's appreciated.

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wohao_Gaster said:

I don't know enough about GTA to say anything about this (I'm not that much of a violent games guy) but I assume it's RAM

I have already check with memory diagnostic. My ram sticks are fine. same issues happen in other games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ProGamin07 said:

Cougar stx700

When the computer crashes, do you get blue screens, or does it just shut off? Does just the game crash or does the whole machine?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aero G, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2035, Scarlett Solo, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

What are your system temps?

Install a monitoring tool such as hwmonitor to check.

 

How is the system outside of gaming? Stable?

Hwmonitor says I idle at 36 degrees Celsius but with a little movement it goes to the 40s. Gpu temperature at idle is 32 degrees Celsius and hot spot is at 44 degree Celsius. The system is stable with no games running. My crashes just closes the game like someone pressed alt f4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

First I crash to desktop, then after few crashes I get the blue screen of death (unexpected_kernel_mode_trap)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

When the computer crashes, do you get blue screens, or does it just shut off? Does just the game crash or does the whole machine?

First I crash to desktop, then after few crashes I get the blue screen of death (unexpected_kernel_mode_trap)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ProGamin07 said:

Other Games do crash, I get Bsod after a few crashes, I did have the latest update of windows. btw this is all before the reset I don't have enough data after the reset (bec I just downloaded GTA V and had a few crashes (no bsod yet) but symptoms are pretty much the same. It took quite a while for GTA V to download even on a 100mbps connection. What do you suggest I do?

Your temps seem okay.

I'm starting to suspect the Kingston SSD drive.

 

Open a command prompt as admin and enter 

Chkdsk /r /f

 

You will likely be told the disk is locked, and be prompt to run on restart, so restart the PC, and then let the scan run. See if any issues are found.

 

PSU Tier List      AMD Motherboard Tier List      SSD Tier List

If I helped you out, please leave a thumbs up. It's appreciated.

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Tech87 said:

Your temps seem okay.

I'm starting to suspect the Kingston SSD drive.

 

Open a command prompt as admin and enter 

Chkdsk /r /f

 

You will likely be told the disk is locked, and be prompt to run on restart, so restart the PC, and then let the scan run. See if any issues are found.

 

Sorry for my late reply. I ran it and found no log for it in the event viewer but I noticed one thing when speaking about event viewer everytime I crash it gives a warning in event viewer.

16382841515175688276536164570833.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, ProGamin07 said:

I have already check with memory diagnostic. My ram sticks are fine. same issues happen in other games.

Are there programs running in the background? that could cause it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×