The Sony WH-1000XM4's AUX cord is too short!!

DankDoodles

Can someone please give me some Amazon links for a AUX cables that are either 8 feet, 7 feet, or 6 feet AUX in length?

I know that there are different qualities of AUX cords, like how there are different qualities for HDMI cords, I am worried about getting an awful AUX cord for my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones. It's like buying a $300 monitor only to have the worst display connection ever just because you need some length.

Yes I have tried using Bluetooth between my headphones and my computer, but the latency ruins that option for competitive gaming.

It's simply a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, searching for that will likely give you some better results. Someone else asked the same question a few days ago, the advice I gave there also applies to you. 

tl;dr 3.5mm cables are not complex as there are just a few strands of coper going through it. So as long as you don't go for the absolute cheapest ones you can find and pay a bit attention to the reviews you should be able find a decent cable for less than $10. Paying attention to reviews means not blindly going by stars but dive into it a bit , for example if something has 4 stars but a fairly high percentage of 1/2 stars talking about defects you probably want to continue searching.

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

Competitve gaming you say? You might wanna get a better headphone that can poinpont your most sworn enemies their foot steps before you're history.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 7:39 AM, CTR640 said:

Competitve gaming you say? You might wanna get a better headphone that can poinpont your most sworn enemies their foot steps before you're history.

I didn't know how else to describe it lol

The headphone's bluetooth has between 1 to 2 seconds of delay. It's a bit disorientating when you are watching content but you hear the audio from the content a little late. Just like how some captions on TV are a word or two behind when someone's talking.

2 hours ago, DankDoodles said:

I didn't know how else to describe it lol

The headphone's bluetooth has between 1 to 2 seconds of delay. It's a bit disorientating when you are watching content but you hear the audio from the content a little late. Just like how some captions on TV are a word or two behind when someone's talking.

I got the Sony WF XM3 and the delay is indeed very noticeable. And you mean like 150-250ms. Sound is a bit later like the talking and or car crashing at a wall in games. Very annoying.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280