Streaming any game on Discord, causes severe lag. However if I alt tab out of the game, the stream resumes at full fps? Any idea of whats up?

GamingElectro
Go to solution Solved by GamingElectro,

Just wanted to say I figured it out! For anyone else who may encounter this in the future. 

I was advised by many performance based videos on YouTube, to turn on "GPU scheduling". I'm not sure if this just occurs with my build, but having this setting on, made discord unable to stream. With the specs I have, this shouldn't ever be an issue. Having GPU scheduling on, also gave huge fps drops when moving windows around, especially windows from third parties who may not have optimised their software. 

Hello there!

I've tried changing every setting in the discord video off, and I've tried turning it all on. If I pull up another recording tool like OBS, the game runs smoothly there. I have even tried going through OSB virtual camera to see if that would fix it, but the outcome was the same. I noticed on the discord stream itself, when I tab out of the game, the game becomes slightly darker, then when I bring the game into focus, it becomes brighter again, almost like its a HDR type issue. However all my HDR settings are off, in settings and on my monitor. When I click back on the game, it gets slightly brighter, and starts having serious frame drops.

I recorded a video of what's going on. It shows the game running perfectly fine & same with OBS! it mentions in the corner (orange symbol), that its internet related, yet I can stream at 10k bitrate no issue (plus it works fine when not in focus). I also notice everything on my other monitors and other software has really weird things happen when I click on the game (low update rates for stuff like OBS sound). So I feel like I'm missing some random setting that's causing this! Wondering if anyone has experienced this, or has any pointers on where to start looking for help!

Video Link : 

I've also attached a DxDiag to show all my pc specs.

Regards,

Electro.

DxDiag.txt

specs?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

CPU - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K OC at 5.2

GPU - AORUS GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8G (Clock Speed 1660 & Memory 8150)

Mobo - ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI Intel Z590

RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 64GB 3600 MHz DDR4

SSD - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB NVMe M.2

Cooling - Corsair CW-9060031-WW Hydro Series H150i

PSU - Corsair (CP-9020084-UK) RMi Series RM1000i ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold 1000W

Monitor 1 (main) - Acer Predator XB3 27" WQHD 240Hz G-SYNC Gaming Monitor

Monitor 2 - Acer Nitro VG270UPbmiipx 27 inch

Monitor 3 - Acer Nitro VG240Ybmipx 23.8 Inch

Test was done with G-Sync disabled. Additional information is in the DxDiag report.

Edited by GamingElectro
Additional Information

Just wanted to say I figured it out! For anyone else who may encounter this in the future. 

I was advised by many performance based videos on YouTube, to turn on "GPU scheduling". I'm not sure if this just occurs with my build, but having this setting on, made discord unable to stream. With the specs I have, this shouldn't ever be an issue. Having GPU scheduling on, also gave huge fps drops when moving windows around, especially windows from third parties who may not have optimised their software.