I'm in pain

Juliper

Budget (including currency): around 500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: FullHD 144FPS gaming, officework, computer science(compiling small programs for my studies :D)

PC speclist:

-GTX1070

-i5 6600k

-32GB 3200MHz G.Skill ram

-samsung 970evo plus 1Tb SSD

When I play Forza 5 or warzone and use discord at the same time I start lagging in discord and my game freezes from time to time. So i gues I need a cpu upgrade.

I really don't need a suuuper powerfull cpu. I just need one that handles those "multitasking" things without a problem. I  would also need new ram and a mobo, oviously :D.

What platform would you recommend for a cheap upgrade?

3 minutes ago, Juliper said:

I  would also need new ram and a mobo, oviously

Mobo, yes. RAM, no. 32GB of 3200MHz is still fine for most CPUs, and if you aren't gonna repurpose the 6600k board/RAM/CPU as like a server or something and are just gonna flip it, I'd keep the RAM and use it in your upgrade.

For a cheap upgrade, this is what I'd do, reusing everything that you can.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/7b8Xvf

41 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Get a 12600KF (~300) and Z690 (~200-250). You won't need to buy new RAM if you get a board with DDR4 support.

Question, how do you know which coolers have the needed brackets for something like that? 

14 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1 said:

Question, how do you know which coolers have the needed brackets for something like that? 

If the piece of the cooler that goes on the CPU is not big enough to cover the entire CPU or LGA1700 isn't listed as compatible on the manufacturer site you will need a bracked. I know you can get them for free from Be Quiet, NZXT and Cooler Master, while you have to pay like $15 for Corsair, not sure about others.