New Gaming Machine - Advice Appreciated

Gonko

Budget (including currency): 5,000 Euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Assetto Corsa Competizione, Flight sim, Sim Racing.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 3440x1440p main monitor, I want top settings on graphics and hope to be hitting 144hz/fps. Current build in the images below. Worth noting that to get the 3090 into the budget, I needed to take out a corsair 5000x case, corsair rgb fans and capellix cooler and 3080ti, and replaced these with cheaper, but same/similar alternatives. I also pulled out a second 1TB SSD to hit budget....I have a SSD from my old dead machine that I can throw in anyway. I also had to downgrade from the maximus hero mobo tothe strix 690f. Not sure what the difference will be....but anyway. I would really like guidance on this. I went 3090 route to try future proof as much as possible, and prior to all this I had the option of a zotac trinity 3090 for about 550 EUROs less, but I hear that these run very hot, cannot be overclocked (if you wanted to), and are very limited by capacitors and the 350w power limit...?

Case  COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i9 16-Core Processor i9-12900K (3.2GHz) 30MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 5200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP

down_right_arrow.gifChange to: 24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP

1st Storage Drive NOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

down_right_arrow.gifChange to: 1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)

DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 240 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler

down_right_arrow.gifChange to: PCS FrostFlow 360 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler

Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

down_right_arrow.gifChange to: STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Extra Case Fans 1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)

down_right_arrow.gifChange to: 1x PCS ARGB LED Fan

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]

down_right_arrow.gifChange to: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser Google Chrome™

image.png.d5978d510a6a898141c58f9053bba53c.png

image.png.351dcbad0b9ea944cdb82c643409c280.png

I mean for 5000€ system this is honestly quite underwhelming.

You upgraded your case here funnily enough. The 5000x has garbage airflow.

The big money wasters are ddr5 and the board here. You aren't gaining anything really just blowing like 1000€ extra on it when you could have basically necessary extra storage.

I mean 144fps at 3440x1440p is possible on even a 3070 in those games just don't do ultra those settings even bring a 3090 to it's knees for no visual benefit.

The pcs frostflow seems to be a generic cheap liquid cooler with performance below even the entry level cooler master ml series.

The 12900k whilst good in gaming seems to for you be not really useful since in flight sim it still doesn't hold a stable 60fps (just like any other cpu) and in other games even a cheap 5600g reaches your desired fps (f1, asseto corsa, forza horizon, dirt 4,...). So a lot of money spent on first gen tech which I never recommend as you are a beta tester right now.

I mean I see lots of wanting to future proof whilst the legit best way to do this is to just build a good pc now and upgrade the gpu in 2-4 years you'll basically have better than 3090 performance on a 1-3 step lower than top card then and have the option to keep yourself up to date instead of locking yourself into a card for however long.

Same for the cpu here. It's first gen stuff. With new ram. I recommend to just stick to a ddr4 platform and swap cpu board ram later at this point. Or cruise one the 12900k for a long time. Either way 60fps in flight sim stable isn't happening.

Have you seen Arctic Liquid Freezer AIO cooler line?

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.