How to bend hard tubing at the right point

So its my first hard tubing build .  I keep getting bends a little bit off the point that I need . And because how tight my build is. it needs perfect bends to fit . So any tips on how to get perfect bends 

What kind of fulcrum are you using to make your bend, what thickness is your tubing and what is your tubing made from?

30 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

What kind of fulcrum are you using to make your bend, what thickness is your tubing and what is your tubing made from?

Iam using corsair bending kit . Tubing is 12mm and its petg . I need away to mark exact place of bend but I can't use a marker to do so 😕 

1 hour ago, chaotic kronos said:

No I tried it on a small piece and it got absorbed into the tube

Put a little tape to mark the spot? Maybe pinstripe or painters tape?

47 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Put a little tape to mark the spot? Maybe pinstripe or painters tape?

I will try to measure it as corsair fulcrum Got measurements so by that I might bend it at right spot .if I fail I might try painting tape as normal tape would melt 

Can you not just do a single bend per piece? That way it doesn't matter as long as you keep them long enough to trim at either end. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

13 hours ago, HM-2 said:

Can you not just do a single bend per piece? That way it doesn't matter as long as you keep them long enough to trim at either end. 

The issue is got atleast 3 bends per piece and some how I fucked up the middle bend twice . And there is no watercooling accessories in my country so I do ship it from US or UK. So adding extendors or 90 degree fitting is out of the question now 

29 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Can you route the tubes for easier or fewer bends?

Nah that's the easiest.  Only 2 could  be changed to take out 2 bends but the rest is the only way it be connected. 

2 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

Nah that's the easiest.  Only 2 could  be changed to take out 2 bends but the rest is the only way it be connected. 

Well I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

7 hours ago, Bitter said:

Sadly iam busy this couple of days but when I get some free time I will give it get back to bending 

On 11/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, Bitter said:

Well I had some free time and made a triple bend which had 2 of them at the same point .it bends forwards then downward and fits right . I guess I should have been specific with my measurements from the start . Gonna post some pics once I do all the bends . But sadly iam still too busy

Sounds like you got it already, but here's a tip as metal fabricator:

Mark a sacrificial piece of your tubing with a permanent mark (marker, paint, deep scratch, what-have-you...) then bend it to the degree of bend you are trying to replicate. Then you can overlay that pattern on top of your finished piece and transfer the bend mark onto it.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

1 hour ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Mark a sacrificial piece of your tubing with a permanent mark (marker, paint, deep scratch, what-have-you...) then bend it to the degree of bend you are trying to replicate. Then you can overlay that pattern on top of your finished piece and transfer the bend mark onto it.

Reporting this for being too smart, clearly a bot wrote this lol.

I keep some 1/8th or thinner aluminum stock around to fab stuff so I can duplicate it in heavier steel or aluminum after I know it all fits and works. Never thought of that for tubing for some reason!

2 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Reporting this for being too smart, clearly a bot wrote this lol.

I keep some 1/8th or thinner aluminum stock around to fab stuff so I can duplicate it in heavier steel or aluminum after I know it all fits and works. Never thought of that for tubing for some reason!

Lol i didn't think of that before. That means even if mess up a bend I could keep bending it even if it gets destroyed and use it as template for the real thing . Thanks .

The joke is iam normally good at every thing I try out and as a medical student though my hand skills would help me out but I got it right on my 3rd try but Well atleast I got it right 

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Never thought of that for tubing for some reason!

I don't usually try to make templates like this on a first attempt, but after I invariably mess it up, I use this method to hopefully limit my mistakes to only the first try.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

2 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

I don't usually try to make templates like this on a first attempt, but after I invariably mess it up, I use this method to hopefully limit my mistakes to only the first try.

Yeah . Thats the plan I try to make it right if I fail I keep push that piece to be the right size then use it as a template